chapter nine

Suddenly, he was engulfed by Draco in a hug, and he found himself relaxing into the blonde's arms. But then he pulled away with a murderous look in his eyes.

"I'll kill them," Draco muttered lowly in Harry's ear. "Such unstable individuals should not waste the Earth's oxygen."

Harry shook his head frantically. "Don't kill them!"

"Why not?" Malfoy sneered. "You went through all that and came to school just to have me torment you and your friends each year. Not to mention the stress of having to defeat Voldemort," Draco said, his eyebrows furrowed. Harry rubbed his arm comfortingly.

"I'm assuming you did find something boys?"
Pomfrey asked delicately.

Draco looked tentatively at Harry, who nodded, before continuing. "His relatives abused him."

McGonagall put her head into her hands, looking sad. "Well, I think we now know why your brain has locked off those memories. What Albus was thinking when he sent you to those vile creatures-"

A small sob escaped, and Harry's eyes widened in horror.

"I told him not to," she said. "I told him anyone else would have you, Merlin, even I'd have you. But he sent you there and they tortured you."

A lump rose in Harry's throat, and tears burned at the back of his eyes.

"Madame Pomfrey? What do you think is wrong with him?" Draco asked, unconsciously slinging an arm around Harry and pulling him close.

"I think it's safe to say poor Harry's brain is a little unsettled after that kind of treatment," she replied.

"He's been..." Draco once again look at Harry for permission, who nodded. "Having nightmares and waking up screaming. I've noticed he doesn't... eat too much at lunch and breakfast these past few days."

"What if it wasn't the Dursleys?" Harry asked, thinking back to the voice that spoke.

"That is true," Pomfrey mused. "Perhaps it was the war that triggered this-"

"No, I mean, maybe I'm not mentally ill," Harry cut her off, sounding a bit nettled.

"There isn't anything to be ashamed of, Harry."Draco said, eyes filled with pity that Harry couldn't stand to look at. "Harry, no one was as affected by the war as you. You were carrying the world on your shoulders, you know."

Harry was getting impatient. "Just because I was most affected means I'm crazy, does it?" Harry snarled. Draco's eyes widened slightly.

"Harry, what's gotten into you? This is the second time you've lost your temper! You were fine with all this before! And no one is saying your crazy!" Draco said hastily.

He lies.

"SHUT UP!" Harry screamed at the voice. Draco's eyes narrowed.

"Potter... you are testing my patience," he said lowly. Harry clutched his head and leaned against the basin. "What the fuck is wrong with you?"

"There's this voice... inside my head," Harry confessed. "It's making me restless, Draco. I can't- I can't go through a week without it tormenting me."

Professor McGonagall furrowed her eyebrows.
"Well it would've been better to have this information before, Mr. Potter."

Harry hung his head shamefully.

"But, nevertheless, maybe this voice is a sign of something else," she said, furrowing her eyebrows. "I think there may be some residue of dark magic from the war."

"So what should we do?" Harry asked.

"I'll prepare some tests, and Pomfrey and I will both look into it," McGonagall said. "In the meantime, you need to tell Madame Pomfrey or I if this voice starts acting up again. Alright, Potter?"

Harry nodded. "Yes, Professor. Thank you, Professor."

DRARRY DRARRY DRARRY

They were in the library, and Harry was trailing after a determined Hermione. Draco followed sluggishly behind him.

Harry had been trying to convince her for hours and hours that it was useless to look, now that the Headmistress was working on it.

"Oh come on, Harry!" Hermione said exasperatedly, taking out a book and skimming through it hurriedly. "When has that ever worked? We were always the ones fixing the school's problems! You had to fight a basilisk, for Merlin's sake!"

Harry opened his mouth to argue but closed it when he saw she had a point.

"He's been acting weird, Hermione," Draco said, gesturing towards Harry. "He's having these... bursts of anger almost."

Hermione looked up from the book she was rifling through. "Like with Voldemort, you mean? When he possessed you-"

"Hermione, the part of me that was Voldemort has been destroyed," Harry hissed.

"But what if it wasn't destroyed?" Hermione pressed on.

"If it wasn't, then he would still be alive, Hermione!" Harry pointed out exasperatedly. Hermione thought for a moment.

"Hermione, we burnt him ourselves. We watched his body go up in flames!" Harry clutched his head, pulling at his wayward hair manically, attracting a few stares from the nearby table.

She didn't respond, looking thoughtful, making Harry growl in frustration. He grabbed Draco's arm and dragged him out of the library. He yelped.

"Harry! Calm down!"

Harry continued to pull him down the corridor towards their room. Once they were inside, Harry let go of Draco's arm and plopped himself onto the bed. The blond rubbed his abused arm with one hand while glaring at Harry.

"Stop shoving me around everywhere. I'm not some doll," he said. Harry didn't respond. Draco sat next to him on the bed.

"What is it, Harry?" he asked softly.

"What do you think, Draco?" Harry said harshly. The blond was used to it now, however, and didn't recoil from the sharp tone. "Everyone thinks I'm crazy just because I passed out."

"I don't think you're crazy," Draco said gently, wrapping an arm around Harry's shoulders amicably.

Lies.

Harry groaned, covering his face with his hands. "What if Hermione's right? What if that is what this voice is? The part of Voldemort that never left me?"

"It could just be you, Harry," Draco said quietly. "Maybe you just need to stop fighting yourself."

***
waa waaa lol imagine reading this but annnywaysss

vote comment and love me or i cri