chapter seven

"When will he wake up? This is agitating," said a cold voice. Harry turned towards it slightly, and he felt someone flinch on the bed.

"Ah," said another voice, softer this time. "He's stirring."

Harry's eyes slid open, and he looked at the faces above him. Draco and Madame Pomfrey were watching him with looks of anticipation.

"What happened?" Harry asked, sitting up hurriedly, head pounding. Draco looked nettled next to him.

"Well. You passed out," the blond said stiffly.

Harry rolled his eyes, feeling powerful anger stir inside him at the sight of Malfoy. "Well, obviously, you git. I'm asking what happened after that."

Madame Pomfrey cut in quickly. "We think it's because of your scar, Harry."

"What about my scar, Madame Pomfrey?" Harry asked, hand going up to touch instinctively.

"You were holding it really tightly before you blacked out," Draco said lazily.

"Sorry, Draco, I didn't know your name was Madame Pomfrey now," Harry said icily.

"What's your problem, Potter?" Draco inquired, now slightly taken aback.

"You!" Harry shot back. The matron sighed.

"Boys, please," she said tiredly. They turned to look at her resignedly.

"Now, Harry," she said. "Your scar often hurt when you experienced a connection to the Dark Lord, but we are certain he's dead, so we're thinking it might be something related to him. A past trauma, maybe?"

Draco shot Harry a look, but the brunet shook his head. "Nothing that serious that it would cause something like this. And besides, I don't remember much from back then."

The matron nodded her head understandingly and conjured a clipboard, scribbling down notes with a pen at lighting speed. "It may be possible that your brain has repressed the unpleasant memories of your childhood."

Harry decided not to mention the voice he heard before they blacked out. "Well, what do we do then?"

Madam Pomfrey looked up and answered hesitantly. "Well, to find out if it was repressed memories, I'll have to extract them in the Pensieve and have a look through them, with your signed consent of course."

Draco leaned forward. "Well, what's wrong with that? Why are you looking so worried about it?"

"If your brain has locked them off, it might be... difficult to retrieve them," she said carefully.

"You mean that it'll hurt?" Draco asked worriedly. Madam Pomfrey's eyes fell to the floor guiltily.

"Most definitely," she confirmed. "He won't die, of course we would never risk anything like that, but it will be agony."

Draco sucked in a breath.

"It'll be fine," Harry reassured him, putting a hand on his shoulder. The whole situation felt ironic; shouldn't he be the one consoling Harry?

Suddenly, the doors to the room flew open, and in came Ron and Hermione, their eyes wide.

"Oh, Harry!" Hermione flung himself at him. Harry struggled to breathe in her vice-like embrace. Ron, being merciful as ever, merely clapped him on the back.

"Glad you're alright, mate," he said, sounding care-free, Harry didn't miss the anxious look in his eyes, though.

"So, Harry," Draco began. "Will you allow them to do this?"

Harry thought for a moment. What did he really want? He could say no and walk away from the chance to cure whatever's wrong with him and die; or he could say yes and finally be free of the wretched disease.

He knew what he was going to say before he had even thought about it.

DRARRY DRARRY DRARRY

"Harry, please reconsider," Draco begged as they walked down to the Headmistress' office where the Pensieve resided, the next day.

"I've made up my mind, Draco," Harry said firmly. "Why do you even care?"

Draco's voice was tart when he spoke. "It's just the fact that I don't really fancy you experiencing 'agony' as Pomfrey said."

Harry merely raised an eyebrow. "I wasn't aware you cared this much, Draco."

Draco flushed. "Well, me neither."

Harry didn't turn around, and was startled when Draco roughly grabbed his arm and pinned him roughly to the wall. "Listen to me!"

"What?" Harry asked, almost snarling. "Don't you want me to get better?"

"I don't want you to be hurt for nothing, if it turns out to be useless!" Draco confessed suddenly. He relinquished his hold on Harry and took a few steps back, looking down in shame.

"What... what do you mean?" Harry pressed.

"Ever since the Potions incident I've felt this need to... protect you, almost," Draco said softly. "But I repressed it, it felt so wrong! Could you imagine? Can you imagine hating someone this much but caring for them at the same time?"

Dumbly, Harry shook his head. Draco stepped forward again, and Harry was surprised to see his eyes were no longer silver but a mute gold.

"Your eyes," he whispered, stepping away from the wall for a closer look, surprised when Draco let him. "They're gold."

Draco sighed resolutely. "Because I'm part Veela."

***
guys would any of you like to be part of my amazing harem

fucking hell i'm not stable enough to be writing these.

vote, comment and (all of the boys and all of the girls are begging to f u c k me)