Chapter Eighteen

Taehyung was rather confused, to say the least.

Ever since he helped Jungwoo learn about the register and hugged him, it seemed both Jungwoo and Jungkook were trying to get his attention. Not that he particularly minded Jungkook wanting to cling to him, but he was more uneasy and confused about Jungwoo.

They would do silly things or ask stupid questions just to get his attention, and would constantly ask for help.

He understood Jungkook maybe needing more help since he's never worked here and Taehyung was more than happy to help him adjust, but Jungwoo had literally been working there for like weeks or something.

Jungwoo shouldn't have had to ask Taehyung to help him find a mop. Or how to wipe the counter, or how to make a cappuccino. Every time Jungwoo got Taehyung's attention, Jungkook immediately got Taehyung to help him right after.

When Jungwoo asked Taehyung to make a cappuccino for him, Jungkook pretended to stub his toe and made Taehyung give him a piggy back ride to the supply closet. When Jungwoo touched Taehyung's hair and pretended that he was picking something out of it, Jungkook smeared some whipped cream on his mouth and waited for Taehyung to notice, who then wiped it with his finger and licked it.

Jungkook was feeling petty, but he didn't care.

Jungkook was ready to shove Jungwoo into this blender. He hated seeing Jungwoo so desperate for Taehyung's attention, and he hated even more that it looked like Taehyung barely cared.

Like when Jungkook asked Taehyung to help him take out the trash, Jungwoo oh so conveniently needed Taehyung's help at the register. Taehyung apologized and immediately ran over to help Jungwoo as the cashier who was serving a customer. Jungkook glared at them as he waited.

Jungkook wanted to be the only one Taehyung gave attention to like that. Jungkook wanted to be the one who Taehyung helps, hugs, and praises. Not stupid Jungwoo.

Jungkook froze for a second.

Is this... jealousy?

Jungkook didn't want to admit it. There was no way he could be jealous. He didn't even like Taehyung like that, right? So why is he jealous of Taehyung being close with other people?

Who the hell am I kidding? Jungkook, you've passed this stage a long time ago. You literally are the one who jumped on him and wants him to-

"You okay there, Kookie?" Taehyung's voice yanked Jungkook from thinking so hard.

"Y-Yeah!" Jungkook smiled at him, which made the older melt.

"Good, because I was wondering if you wanted to help the next customer as the cashier? Jungwoo already helped a bunch of people and I thought you two could switch?" Taehyung asked.

He wouldn't admit he was getting a little tired of Jungwoo and wanted Jungkook working the register with him so he could feel better.

"W-What?! Taehyungie, I-"

"No! Don't finish that thought! No negative talk! Pessimism is bad for you, little one. You're gonna do this, and you're gonna be great. Got it?" Taehyung cupped Jungkook's face in his hands and looked into his eyes, trying to build Jungkook up a little.