Chapter Fifteen

Taehyung and Jungkook sat there together for awhile after their talk. Taehyung didn't really know what to say to Jungkook, so he did what he knew how to do well.

Give hugs.

Taehyung hugged Jungkook tight and cuddled him on the chair, not caring if someone walked by. Usually he would care, but this time it felt a little different.

Because all those other times they hugged and stuff in public were to comfort Jungkook. At least, it felt like it. Perhaps Taehyung's benefit from the affection was more subconscious at first.

But now, Taehyung was being comforted too.

And he could feel it. He could feel the warm care and comfort surround him more prominently this time.

It was weird and different, but Taehyung didn't hate it.

However, he didn't get to relish in the feeling for long as Jungkook gasped and pulled away, staring at Taehyung with wide eyes.

"Daddy! Aren't we supposed to see your mommy?"

"Oh shit! Yeah, you're right, Kookie, let's go. I want to be there for dinner." Taehyung gasped and then they both (reluctantly) got up from the chair.

They walked hand in hand down the hall and in the elevator to the lobby. Skinship was becoming more normal for the pair as time went on, mostly because Taehyung had to get used to Jungkook being clingy.

In case you were unaware, even if it may be obvious, Jungkook was very clingy to people he liked. And Taehyung was no exception.

"Daddy, do I have to let go when we walk out of the elevator?" Jungkook pouted. As if on cue, the elevator door opened.

On instinct, Jungkook let go of Taehyung's hand so he wouldn't embarrass him in front of people. However Jungkook was surprised when Taehyung quickly grabbed his hand back and squeezed it.

"No, you can hold on, baby. Why would I make you let go when holding my hand makes you feel safe?" Taehyung said, a little confused.

Jungkook blushed a little but stayed quiet until they bid Mrs. Park goodbye and walked in the parking lot. Taehyung was confused on why Jungkook was suddenly so quiet, but decided to wait until they got into the car.

"Kookie? Why're you so quiet now? Something wrong?" Taehyung asked once they settled in his car. Jungkook sat in the passenger seat with a little sad look on his face.

"Nothing, I'm fine..." Jungkook sighed.

Nope, something was definitely wrong and Taehyung was gonna get to the bottom of it.

'I'm fine' is one of the biggest lies to exist.

Especially when it came to Jungkook.

"No, I know something's wrong. Why didn't you answer my question earlier? You can tell me, Koo, I promise." Taehyung turned in his seat the best he could to look at the ravenette, who's gaze was trained on his shoes.

"Daddy, aren't you embarrassed of me? Don't you not want people knowing you have to care for a-a brat like me?" Jungkook couldn't bring himself to look at Taehyung, and was already close to bursting into tears.

"No! I mean sometimes you can cause a scene or be bratty, but that doesn't mean I think you're an embarrassment. What makes you think that?" Taehyung explained softly, trying to conceal his shock about what Jungkook had asked.