Chapter Nine

"W-What?..."

The prettiest starry doe eyes looked up at Taehyung with such hope.

It was way too late for Taehyung to take it back now. He took a deep breath.

"D-Do you want to go home with me? I don't think it's very safe for you to be out here alone for so long..." Taehyung petted Jungkook's raven hair with the softest smile on his face.

"Really?!" Jungkook perked up.

"Mhm." Taehyung nodded.

"Yes! Yes yes yes!" Jungkook bounced up and down on Taehyung's lap.

"Ok, geez you little bunny, let's go." Taehyung groaned, hoping the bunny on his lap stops and gets up before he starts a problem.

"Yay! I get to go with daddy!" Jungkook jumped up from Taehyung's lap and stood up, trying to pull Taehyung with him.

"Wait a second, Kook." Taehyung pulled his arm from Jungkook's tight grip and stood up on his own.

A sudden meow broke Jungkook from his excitement.

"D-Daddy...?" Jungkook pouted.

"Yes, bun?" Taehyung replied, brushing dirt off his pants from the ground.

"Can we take Moonie with us? Pretty please?!" Jungkook picked up the cat and pleaded, cuddling the feline into his chest.

"Moonie? Is that the cat?"

Jungkook nodded.

"You know this cat?" Taehyung asked, confused.

"Yes! She always finds me and comforts me when I'm outside alone! I promise she isn't sick! Pretty please?!" Jungkook pouted and gave Taehyung puppy dog eyes... or well, bunny eyes.

Taehyung throws his head back and groans, not really wanting to deal with a cat AND his dog AND a baby dude all at the same time. But, he has a feeling Jungkook won't budge if he doesn't say yes. And for some reason, Taehyung feels like he needs the ravenette with him, especially right now. To keep him safe.

"Fine. But you have to take care of it okay?" The blonde male says begrudgingly.

"I will! I promise!" Jungkook smiled big and kissed the cat on the head.

Taehyung sighed, and once again, not really knowing what he was gonna do.
——-

"Daddy! Look at the moon! And the stars! Aren't they pretty?" Jungkook asked excitedly, looking back at Taehyung walking slowly behind them.

Taehyung was just trying his best to navigate the best way home. If he's honest, he didn't really know where he was, but told Jungkook directions anyway. So he wasn't listening too much, and was staring at his phone.

"Yeah."

"Pretty like me, Daddy?"

"Of course."

Jungkook giggled, knowing what he just did there. He also knew Taehyung didn't know what he just did either. That made it more fun.

"Ok Jungkook! I finally found out the way home. Follow me."

Taehyung walked faster and ahead of the younger, who ran to catch up.

They walked in peace for awhile, just admiring the scenery. They walked down the cracked sidewalk in the darkness, with only a few mellow street lights and the moon to light their path back home.

A loud bang shook Jungkook to the core.

"Ah!" Jungkook screamed and launched himself at Taehyung.