Chapter Six

Taehyung was ready to fucking bury himself alive.

He absolutely loves his grandpa, but sometimes he can't handle it.

"I said no!" Taehyung's grandfather yelled at the poor nurse.

"Sir, I'm sorry but you have to take your med-"

"I don't care! I'm not taking it!"

"Grandpa please-" Taehyung tried, but was cut off.

"Shut it Kaethyung! Whoever the hell you are! I said no!" His grandpa angrily glared at Taehyung and the nurse, backing away as much as possible.

He forgot my name again...

Taehyung sighed, apologizing to the nurse who looked mortified. She told him it was okay and tried one more time.

"Please sir. This is my job. You need your medicine. It's not gonna kill you I promise. Just take it!" The nurse got a little frustrated by the end of it.

"IM NOT TAKING MY MEDICINE YOU BITCH! LEAVE ME ALONE AND GO ROT IN HELL!" Taehyung's grandfather screamed, throwing a bible on his nightstand by the other people's feet in attempts to ward them off.

Suddenly, a group of doctors and nurses rushed into the room. They probably heard the commotion, and the doctor walked up to Taehyung's grandpa with a syringe and injected it in him, making him slowly sink to the ground.

Taehyung stood there wide eyed. It all happened so fast. Like most things in his life recently, it went too fast for him to react.

"Um... I-I am so sorry. I didn't-"

"It's alright young man, we're used to it. Between us, this happens quite often. Sorry to startle you." The doctor with the syringe in his hand interjected.

"Oh. Um, it's okay. Is he getting worse? I haven't heard much recently." Taehyung asked, awkwardly.

"Unfortunately, he's been having more outbursts recently and lashing out. He refuses to take his meds, and tries to attack the nurses sometimes. Then the next day, he's the sweetest man alive. We are screening him tomorrow and will get an update then." The doctor explained as gently as possible.

"Alright, thank you doctor. Just let me know if something changes." Taehyung sighed.

The doctor nodded and left the room, the nurses following suit. Taehyung sat on his grandpa's bed and ruffled his hand through his hair.

He was lost.

He didn't know what to do anymore. He felt like he wasn't in control of his life anymore. It seemed like something or someone always got in the way. Nothing went his way in the first place, but can't life give him a break? Ever? He's been dealt a short hand in life, but you'd think the people he loves around him wouldn't have to pay for it. They don't deserve it. He does. He wishes he was the one in the hospital bed, or the one wasting his days in a nursing home. His mother could be doing so much, helping so many people, being happier, making so many people happy. Heck, even his grandfather could be out and about trying to be that sweet old man everyone loves.

But what does Taehyung do?

Nothing.

He couldn't think of anything he was doing that was making a good impact on the world. He had his dog, and that was about it. Even his dog, his favorite thing in the world, could find someone else to take care of him and probably be content. Taehyung felt worthless. Useless. Lost. Exhausted.

The tears kept streaming down his face, falling onto the carpet below. He threw a hand over his mouth to muffle the sounds of his sobs as he was hunched over. So he sat there, and let himself cry, wallowing in his own sadness and emotions.
———-

Taehyung walked down the sidewalk, feeling the breeze against his face. He had calmed down since his cry session, and just wanted to go home and sleep with Yeontan. If he had the money, he would go to a bar and drink, maybe find a good fuck or something. But no. He decided going home and relaxing was better.

He already went shopping and visited his grandpa, and already popped in to see his mom in between that, so he couldn't think of anything else to do.

Fuck.

For some god awful reason, Taehyung remembered the store scene from earlier with baby dude. That made him feel even worse about himself. He should've done something. But what could he have done? Probably anything except what he did. If he ever sees him again, he has to do something. He doesn't know what yet, but he has to get more answers from Jungkook before he does something major.

Why is Taehyung doing all this for basically a stranger?

He doesn't know.

There's just something about him, that makes Taehyung wanna protect him forever. It almost felt familiar. Hell, know that he thinks about it, Jungkook in general felt familiar. Not by touch, but by presence. Or maybe both. But Taehyung swears he hasn't ever met baby dude before.

Or has he?

Ugh, Taehyung has a headache from thinking too much. His thoughts weren't making sense anyway.

Taehyung looked up again and realized he was finally home.

He sighed and walked into the building, and straight to his apartment on the second floor. He opened the door and Yeontan immediately came running up to him.

"Aww, missed me Tannie?" Taehyung leaned over and picked the furball up, kissing it's head. Yeontan barked happily in response.

Taehyung shut and locked the door behind him. He walked straight into his room and put his dog on the bed, who jumped around on the bed. Taehyung got dressed into a plain white shirt and gray sweats. When he looked at Yeontan, he found him staring right back at him.

"What are you looking at? I think you're the cute one here." Taehyung raised an eyebrow at his fluffy dog, who barked again and started to wag its tail.

"Yeah yeah, I know you know you are adorable. You don't have to tell me. Now scoot over, daddy has to sleep too." Taehyung scooted Yeontan away with his hand and laid down. Yeontan immediately ran up and jumped in Taehyung's face, licking it.

"Ok, sheesh, come here you rascal. Feel lucky you are so cute. And that I love you. Good night Tannie. I hope things get better for everyone." Taehyung kisses Yeontan's head who snuggled up next to him.

A man and his dog. How cute and peaceful. But I think it would be more peaceful with someone else there to share the love too, don't you think?
———————————————————————

Idk sorry. 😂 I posted a warnings and info chapter for two other new books if u wanna check those out, it would be really appreciated but I won't be updating them officially until this book is done, but I'm kinda excited about them. Thank you! Sorry I have writers block so this chapter is a bit weird and rushed, but I have a plan now kinda! Thanks, love you guys!
💜💕👋

-Author of many thoughts