Chapter Four

"Why the fuck is the majority of human race so stupid?!"

Taehyung yelled and groaned in frustration. He banged his hands on the dashboard of his car he was currently driving to get to his mom's place. It's the stupid fucking idiots in traffic who don't know how to drive. He has been stuck for 10 minutes in this traffic jam, and it seemed like forever until he finally saw cars moving.

"Finally! Fucking hell! How the fuck did these people get their license?!" Taehyung exclaimed as he drove down the road, calming down and humming along to classic songs on the radio.

He pulled into the parking lot of the hospital and are sure to park under a street post. It was dark by now and he knew he wouldn't leave until another ungodly hour like every other day. It's important to stay safe kids. Park under lamp posts. Yeah!

He got out of his car and locked it. He honestly just clicked the button to lock it about 6 times. He did it just to be sure it was locked, and not because he just liked clicking the button.

Taehyung ran his hand through his hair as he walked in and right to the elevator, after slightly greeting the woman behind the desk. He pushed the button to floor 6 and his socially awkward ass hoped no one else would get on. His prayers weren't answered it seemed as the elevator stopped on the third floor and a very familiar black haired male walked in.

"Hello. What floor are you headed to?" Taehyung awkwardly asked.

"Six." The man grumbled.

"Oh the same as me then." Taehyung said softly.

He never got a reply.

It was silence for the short while until the elevator opened to the sixth floor where the two males rushed out and went their separate ways. Taehyung was mad that he couldn't figure out where he knew the man from. He knew he knew it, but he just didn't know at the moment. He's a complex man.

Taehyung barely noticed he already passed the door he needed to go through when he broke out of his thoughts. He went and knocked on the door to make sure he could go in.

"It's Taehyung!" The blond haired male called to whoever was in the room.

"Come in, dear!" A sweet voice he knew as his mother's told him.

Taehyung opened the door as quietly as he shut it behind him. He smiled at his mom as he took his usual seat in a recliner chair next to her hospital bed.

"Hey mom. How're you doing?" Taehyung asked the tired looking woman.

She had his blond hair, his eyes, and even had his nose. Taehyung could only assume the rest came from his father. Her eyes looked tired and Taehyung could tell his mother was trying to perk up and look happy during his visit. Nothing new. She was a great actor, which is something else Taehyung got from her.

"I'm doing fine, dear. But how about you? How was class?" She smiled and changed subjects. She hated talking about herself because she always wanted her son to think of her as a strong woman who could recover on her own. She didn't want to worry Taehyung with her troubles and problems when she knew he had so much else on his plate. And Taehyung knew a little bit of that. He knew she lied to him sometimes, but he couldn't bring himself to confront her.

"I'm just taking it day by day, mom. Class was boring per usual," Taehyung debated on whether to tell his mother the story about the ravenette who jumped on his lap that morning. He didn't want her to go on a tangent about how cute it was or if he should've done something differently, but it might be a good distraction for her. So he decided to tell her instead of making up something.
"But something interesting did happen this morning."

"Oh? What happened?"

"It was nothing major, but let me set the stage. I was at work, on break, minding my own business. I heard the jingle of the bell from the door opening but didn't bother to look. I heard a child like voice start talking and complaining. I scooted out so there was a good amount of space in between me and the table. The perfect amount of space for a smaller person. I heard the voice complain and next thing I know, a boy jumped on my lap. He looked up at me with brown doe eyes and said I was his new caretaker. It seemed he hated his old one, and the man he was with was a little rude. He refused to let go until his boyfriend I think pulled him away."

Taehyung spoke with lots of dramatics to make it seem very interesting. When he had a story to tell, Taehyung loves storytelling. He was an avid reader and often listened to scary stories on YouTube. He was pretty good at storytelling too, and he knew especially that his mother was one of his biggest fans.

"Ah, that does sound interesting. That boy seemed like he took a liking to you then?" Mrs. Kim asked, taking a sip of tea from nowhere.

"No! He's just-"

"Sounds like denial~"

"No! Mom, I swear I don't know or like the guy.  It's not like I'll ever see him again anyway."

"What a shame."

"Whatever." Taehyung playfully scoffed and turned away from his mother.

"C'mon taebear, I'm just messing with you!" Mrs. Kim playfully punched her son's shoulder even though it was very weak.

"Alright alright, I'll believe you for now." Taehyung couldn't help it and turned back around to smile at his mom. She suddenly stopped smiling so big and traded it for a small sincere smile.

"Hey Tae?"

"Yeah momma?"

"I don't know if I say it enough, but I want you to know; I love you so much. No matter how bad I get, nothing is gonna change how much I love you. I'm sorry if I've ever done anything to make you think otherwise. I appreciate everything you do and I love you and your visits more than I can express." She stares straight into his eyes and smiled with so much sincerity it made Taehyung tear up.

"Oh mom, I love you so much too. Don't worry about a thing. You're the best mom I could've asked for, no matter what." He started crying and hugged his mother, leaning over from the chair and digging his head into the crook of her neck.

It reminded them of when they would cuddle and the couch by the fire and read stories when Tae was little. It was adorable and heartwarming. Enough to make the nurse back away and leave the oblivious cuddling pair to their privacy.

They love each other so much and that would never change. Taehyung always wanted to feel like this, but he's doubtful anyone else could make him feel this way other than his lovely mother.

Right?

——————————————————————

I'm so sorry, I'm alive! So much has been going on lately and I'm sorry this chapter kinda sucked but I might re-write this all later. I promise it gets better and I have good plans for this book, so please keep reading!

I really appreciate you guys reading this book and already getting this to over 100 reads! I'll try to keep getting more chapters out very soon and on my other books too. If you have any questions, plz ask!

I feel like I'm supposed to tell u guys something but I can't think of it rn. Eh.

Ok love you guys byeee! 👋 💜

-Author of many thoughts