Chapter 1

Hi, Lovelies! I am so excited that I'm starting the story! I know the prologue was long, but I really just felt like a lot of what I want to do wouldn't have made sense otherwise. I really hope you enjoy it and let me know how I can improve. I would also like to say a huge thanks to Stylinson_Larryxx for the amazing story cover she made! On to the chapter!

*~*~*~*

2 Years after Willie died.

Growing up in Los Angeles meant that aspiring young stars had the opportunity to grow as artists and find their passion. For Dahlia Molina, that passion was music. Her mother had exposed her to music at a very young age.

 As she got older she fell more in love with music, especially after her best friend, Willie had died. She threw herself into music, whether it was writing at the piano with her mother and sister, playing the guitar till her fingers felt numb, or playing the violin until she couldn't take the pain of the strings digging into her fingertips. 

So it was no surprise when she joined the music program at Los Feliz High School. She would write for hours and play whatever she thought was the best the very next day. She couldn't get enough of it. 

*~*~*~*

Dahlia's POV

"Are you worried that Julie won't play today?" I heard my girlfriend Peyton say as we made our way to my younger sister's locker.

"To be honest, a little. You know how hard it was after mom died. She barely evens listens to music, babe. I just hope that she decided to play because I know how talented she is." I say. Today is Julie's last chance to play for Mrs. Harrison or she'll get kicked out of the music program. I don't know what I'll do if that happens.

"I know, but it has been a year. I know you took it pretty hard when you're mom died. You did the complete opposite though." Peyton points out.

"Well, people cope in different ways." I respond.

By the time we got her locker, we could hear Flynn saying, "That's all you're giving me? Mrs. Harrison said that this is your last chance."

"I know," Julie said, "I was there."

I snuck up behind my sister and said, "Funny, we were just saying the same thing." Julie jumped and turned to look at me. 

"Ahhh, Dahlia! You scared me! Hi Peyton." Julie said after calming herself down

"Hey, Jules." Peyton said back.

We were interrupted when we heard Carrie saying something about the spirit rally. I really hope she doesn't come over her. I know we're both popular at school, but that doesn't mean I like her. I used to but that was before she got all nasty, thinking she was better than everyone. Poor girl still thinks we're friends.

"What is she handing out?" Flynn said, clearly as annoyed as me.

"Hi!" You could hear Carrie say.

"Desperation?" Julie said. It took everything in me not to laugh. So I held on tightly to Peyton's arm so I could ground myself. Something we were both used to at this point. But the strange part was that she slightly shook me off of her. I didn't think much of it though.

Carrie walked over to us. Damn it! I thought to myself. She gave us all flyers for the spirit rally tomorrow. Which really wasn't necessary since she knew that I was going to be there. I did talk about it a lot. What can I say? I have school spirit.

"Here you go. My groups' performing at the spirit rally. I'm sure you two have nothing better to do. Oh, hi Dahlia, Peyton. Can I count on you two coming?" Carrie said.