Chapter 5

Hi, lovelies! I'm so excited to write this chapter. I don't have songwriting abilities, so if I write a chapter where it's a song that Dahlia 'wrote' I'll probably just use a song that I think fits. So for this chapter, the song she wrote for Willie is 'Count on Me' by Bruno Mars. I would just like to say that there is going to mention self-harm. If that makes you uncomfortable, please don't read that part. I'll put markers for when it starts and when it ends. Let's get started! 

*~*~*~*~*

Dahlia went into her room and went to her dresser. She pulled out one of her crop tops and a pair of soft shorts. She went to her closet and got her favorite open sweaters. She got some slippers and put on the clothes she got out.  Once she was dressed, she put on her slippers and left the room. 

"I can do this." Dahlia said to herself.

"Hey Dad, I'm gonna be out in the studio for a little bit," Dahlia told her father. He looked up from his computer to look at his eldest daughter.

"Alright mija, I'll make sure Julie calls you up for dinner." Her father said. The girls smiled at him and left the room.

Dahlia walked out of the house and went down the pathway to the studio. Dahlia opened the doors and walked over to her acoustic guitar. She went over to the piano and got her songbook. She took the notebook and guitar and went over to the couch.

Dahlia opened the book and flipped the pages until she got to the one that was titled 'Count on Me.' She looked over the lyrics and started to tear up. 

Before she could play the song, the boys poofed in the studio. "What's up, Dahlia," Luke asked.

"Ah! Guys, what the hell?" Dahlia said. She sat up a bit. "What do you guys need? I'm kinda busy at the moment." 

Luke sat down next to her and looked at the page she was on. "Did you write this?" 

"Yeah, I was going to play it. I haven't played it since I wrote it. I felt like I should today, though." She explained.

"Why haven't you played it? When'd you write it?" Luke questioned, not noticing who uncomfortable the girl look. "Luke-" Alex tried to say.

"No, it's okay, Alex. I wrote this song two years ago. I haven't played it since I finished writing it." Dahlia said. "I think it would make more sense if I play it first, then I'll explain why I haven't played it since I finished it." 

The boys all nodded and looked at her, waiting for her to start. Dahlia took a deep breath and let it out once she was ready. She started strumming the right cords for the song.

"If you ever found yourself stuck in the middle of the sea, I'll sail the world to find you. If you ever find yourself lost in the dark and you can't see, I'll be the light to guide you." She looked at Peyton and smiled.

"Find out we're made of. When we are called to help our friends in need. You can count on me like one, two, three. I'll be there. And I know when I need it I can count on you like four, three, two. You'll be there. 'Cause that's what friends are supposed to do, oh yeah.

Dahlia let a few tears run down her face. She didn't look up from her guitar. Her mind was flooded with memories of her and Willie. It hurt to think of him, but she needed this. 

"Whoa, whoa. Oh, oh. Yeah, yeah. If you're tossing and you're turning and you just can't fall asleep. I'll sing a song beside you. And if you ever forget how much you really mean to me. Every day I will remind you."  The tears kept coming, but Dahlia powered through.

"Ooh. Find out what we're made of. When we are called to help our friends in need. You can count on me like one, two, three. I'll be there. And I know when I need it I can count on you like four, three, two. You'll be there. 'Cause that's what friends are supposed to do, oh yeah," Dahlia's voice wavered a bit at the last line. I wasn't there for him when he truly needed me. She thought to herself.