Chapter 4

Hi, Lovelies! I felt bad that I hadn't updated in a while, so I'm gonna post this chapter and maybe another one. I'm going to start posting Dahlia's outfits for each chapter. It helps me write because I have a sense of what's happening and I feel like I can actually see what I'm writing. If that makes sense. I really hope you guys like this chapter! 

*~*~*~*~*

Dahlia and Julie grabbed their bags for school, Dahlia got her keys so she could drive them to school after they played. The girls walked down to the studio and went in. They put down their bags and looked around the room

"Guys? Guys?" Julie called out for the boys.

"I don't think they're here, Jules. C'mon." Dahlia said walking over to the piano.

"Did you know this was here?" Julie asked her sister.

"Yeah, I helped mom write it. She wanted to leave you something to remember her by. She asked me to help and I couldn't say no." Dahlia was really proud of the song she and her mother wrote. She remembers telling her mother that she'd play it with Julie once she was ready. She already knew Julie would be hesitant to play without her mother with her.

"What are we waiting for?" Julie spread the sheet music out on the piano so she'd have a clear view of it. She pat the seat beside her and motioned for Dahlia to sit with her. Dahlia laughed and shook her head. She sat down and looked at Julie.

"Are you ready?" She asked the younger girl.

"As ready as I'll ever be." Julie responded with a nervous smile. 

"You'll be fine." Dahlia whispered to Julie. She was glad Julie wanted to play again. She really hoped what she had said the night before made an impact.

Julie lifted the fallboard and let her fingers hover over the keys for a second.

"Do you want me to start us off?" Dahlia asked, noticing her sister's hesitation. She hoped Julie wouldn't back away again. 

"Could you?" Julie looked at Dahlia.

"Of course." She said softly.

Dahlia looked at the sheet music for a second and started playing. She nudged her sister and Julie joined her. Dahlia and Julie always managed to sound good together. It was something so beautiful and pure but so raw at the same time. Dahlia had missed this. She missed playing with her sister, hearing her sing. So when Julie started to sing, Dahlia couldn't help but tear up.

"Here's one thing. I want you to know. You got someplace to go. Life's a test, yes. But you go toe-to-toe." Julie sang. Dahlia looked at her sister and smiled. 

"You don't give up, no. You grow. And you use your pain. 'Cause it makes you you." Dahlia joined in.

"Though I wish I could hold you through it. I know it's not the same. You got living to do. And I just want you to do it." Dahlia looked at Julie with awe, noticing her sister's voice get more powerful.

"So get up, get out. Relight that spark. You know the rest by heart. Wake up, wake up. If it's all you do. Look out, look inside of you." As the girls were singing, the sun started to rise. If you were looking at the girls head-on, it looked like the heavens were shining down on them, to thank them for playing together once again.

" It's not what you lost. It's what you'll gain. Raising your voice to the rain. Wake up your dream and make it true. Look out, look inside of you" As the girls were singing, Ray was standing near the gate that leads to the studio. He stood there listening to his daughters singing together. It was amazing. He had waited for the day to come for so long and it finally came.