T W E N T Y

CHAPTER TWENTY,
Everything's About to Change.

"WHAT IN MERLINS NAME

"WHAT IN MERLINS NAME." George said as he stared at the shaking cabinet in front of him.

The twins and Laken were currently in DADA waiting for Remus along with the rest of the class as they placed bets on what could be in the cabinet.

"It's an owl." Fred said confidently causing Laken to shoot him a weird look. "What?" He asked as he noticed her look. "It's the only possibility."

"No, it's a kid. Must've gotten in trouble and he locked them in there for punishment." George said causing Fred to snicker.

Laken rolled her eyes at the two. She knew whatever was in that cabinet definitely wasn't human. Remus was odd, but not that odd.

Before she could deny their guesses Remus Lupin himself entered the room and shot the class a small welcoming smile.

"Good morning class. Sorry I'm a bit late, there was a prank pulled in the hallway." He then short Fred, Laken, and George a look causing the three to raise their hands in surrender.

Lupin rolled his eyes, trying to fight away the small smile that was growing on his face as he turned back to the whole class who was still staring at the shaking cabinet in wonder.

"Intriguing isn't it?" He said, folding his arms across his chest as he leaned against the desk. "Would anyone like to guess what is inside?"

"A owl!" Fred yelled as George yelled out "A disobedient child! Perhaps Lee?"

Laken rolled her eyes before answering.

"It's a boggart. Not an owl, nor is it Lee."

"Very good Ms. Black." Lupin praised causing George to frown as if saddened that his friend wasn't trapped in the cabinet. "Now can anybody tell me what a boggart looks like?"

"No one knows." A boy, Laken believed his name was James, said from the back of the classroom. "Boggarts are shapeshifters. They take the shape of whatever a particular person fears the most. That's what makes them so-"

Lupin cut him off. "So terrifying, yes. Luckily, a very simple charm exists to repel a boggart, let's practice it now. Please repeat after me, ridiculous."

Everyone obeyed, chanting the charm after him.

"Very good, maybe a little louder. Speak very clear, ridiculous!"

Once again the class repeated his words. "Ridiculous!"

"Your face is ridiculous." Fred whispered over to George who gave him a confused look.

"We have the same face dumbass."

"Very good." Lupin continued on, unknowingly saving the twins from a slap upside the head from Laken. "Now be gone with the easy part. You see the incantation alone is not enough. What really finishes a boggart is laughter, you need to force it to assume a shape you find truly amusing. Let me explain, ummm Mia! Why don't you join me?"