F O R T Y O N E

CHAPTER FORTY ONE,
Forever Best Friends.

A/N I cried the whole time writing this so good luck

A/N I cried the whole time writing this so good luck. I also recommended listening to the song up top once you hit the second time stamp line.

October 31st, 1981.

"ARE YOU GUYS SURE IT'S OKAY?" Emily Mathews asked doubtfully as she glanced back and forth between her three year old daughter and the couple standing in front of her.

"Of course we are! We love having Mini Padfoot around." Lily reassured the mother as she made faces at the little girl every few seconds causing her to erupt into a fit of giggles.

"Yea!" James agreed and he picked up Laken and threw her in the air before catching her and blowing a raspberry on her belly. "Who else am I supposed to cause trouble with?"

Emily chucked, her nerves dying down as she watched the man interact with her daughter.

"It was my idea to have her over for the night anyways." James explained as he looked back up at the blonde woman. "I've missed my god daughter."

Laken reached up and hit James in the nose causing him to wince. "Okay I take that back."

Lily shook her head at her husband and his little sidekick as she turned back to Emily. "Where's Monty?"

"He wanted to stay home and play with the neighborhood boys." Emily explained causing Lily and James to nod in understanding. "Well I need to get home to make sure dinner doesn't burn." She went on before kissing her daughters cheek. "Okay baby mummy needs to go now, you be good for your uncle James and aunt Lily okay?"

"I'm always good mummy." Laken replied with a small smirk that was almost identical to her fathers and a mischievous glint in her eyes. It was really no wonder everyone called her Mini Padfoot. She was literally Sirius in a skirt.

Emily gave her daughter one last pointed look before taking a step back. "I love you Laken."

Laken smiled sweetly at her mother as she wrapped her small arm around James neck and pulled him into a choke hold causing him to gasp for air. "I love you too mum."

And with that said Emily turned around and left her daughter with two of her most trusted friends.

James finally pried Lakens arms from around his neck and coughed causing her to laugh. "You little shit! Almost killed me!" He wailed dramatically as he walked into the living room and feel down on top of the couch with her on his chest.

"No way! You the little shit!" The three year old exclaimed causing James's eyes to grow wide before he put his hand over her mouth.

"No don't say that! That's a no no word L." He said sternly, but he couldn't help but smile as he felt her smirk against his hand.