T H I R T Y S I X

CHAPTER THIRTY SIX,
Apologies.

LAKEN HUFFED LOUDLY AS SHE CLIMBED THE STAIRS TO THE ASTRONOMY TOWER, leaning over against the wall she tried to catch her breath a bit before she walked straight into her doom

What was her doom you may ask?

She had finally agreed to meet up with Fred and let him explain himself, something she was now regretting due to the atrocious amount of stairs she had to take.

"Why couldn't we have met in the broom closet or something like normal people?" The blonde groaned before pushing herself off the wall and continuing her way to the top. "I need to try exercise other than quidditch and sex."

"I agree." A voice said from the top of the stairs causing her to look up and into the eyes of a smirking red head. Then his smirk dropped and he quickly backtracked. "I mean on the quidditch part, not the sex part. Sex is great cardio you know?"

And even though she was mad at him Laken couldn't help but laugh as she finally reached him.

"I guess Oliver is good help with cardio then." Laken said, smirking at Fred's annoyed look. "Just kidding."

No I'm not.

"So." Laken clapped her hands together to break the now tense silence. "Let's get this over with."

"I-" Fred immediately started before suddenly going silent. He had planned his apology for weeks but now that she was actually here, standing in front of him with listening ears his mind went blank. She looked nothing like Lee whom he had practiced this on many times.

Laken stayed silent as she watched the red head boy internally fight with himself before suddenly muttering a quiet "fuck it." Before pulling her into him and attaching his lips to hers.

His actions stunned them both but didn't make them stop as they started to move their lips together, working together perfectly like puzzle pieces.

Laken hadn't planned on kissing him but the second his lips touched hers she couldn't help herself, she had missed this so much. She had missed him so much.

Suddenly he pulled away, his hands still gripping her face gently causing her to stare up into his honest brown eyes.

"Laken Nicole Black the moment you walked into my life I knew I was completely and utterly fucked. But in a good way if that makes since." He started causing her lips to twitch up in a small smile.

"That hat fell over your head at the sorting ceremony and I looked over at George and said "you see that girl? I'm gonna marry her some day?" And even now I still feel the same. You are the most stubborn, sarcastic, crazy woman I've ever met. But your also the kindest, the prettiest, and the most loving. And I know you don't see it in yourself because of all that people say but I swear it's true. You are my sun, my moon, and all my stars and I'll spend the rest of forever protecting you if you'll let me ." He went on, his eyes watering as he stared down at the stunned girl.

"I know I fucked up darling and I'm so, so sorry. I was scared and jealous because I was thinking that you had fallen for someone else and I reacted childishly and hurt you and I'm sorry. I know that saying sorry isn't enough but I'll spend the rest of forever making it up to you If I have to."

"Fred-" Laken went to speak but he quickly interrupted her.

"No let me finish." He said strongly, his watery eyes still staring into hers. "We've been best friends for a long time now and I understand if you don't feel the same way about me as I do you but please don't leave me. Don't walk out of my life because if you do I don't think I'll recover. You have me wrapped so tightly around your finger it's almost suffocating."

"Fred I-"

"And I understand if you hate me because I would hate me to. I mean I'm the biggest idiot on the face of the planet. Who hurts the girl they love? Surely not good people. I'm a horrible person but I swear I'll be better for you."

"Freddie."

"I know you could do so much better than me, Cedric is a nice lad and Oliver is built while I'm just a redhead with a descent sized carrot top. I-"

"FRED!" Laken suddenly exclaimed as she laughed at the rambling boy in front of her.

Fred finally stopped talking and smiled sheepishly down at the girl, her giggle did nothing to help his nervousness as he awaited her response.

For a moment they just stared at each other before Fred pulled away and started pacing.

"Oh my god what was I thinking? I just ruined everything! Damn feelings." He mumbled as he ran his hands through his fiery hair frustratedly.

"I love you."

"You probably hate me I'm such a stupid-" Fred went on before suddenly stopping and slowly turning to face the girl with wide eyes. "What did you just say?"

Laken smiled and tilted her head to the side slightly as she started to rock back and forth on her feet. "I said I love you. Oh, and I forgive you for being a stupid, childish, immature, annoying-"

But she didn't get to finish as the ginger boy suddenly sprinted forward and took her into his arms before spinning her around.

Laken laughed at his actions and pulled back from his chest to look up at the beautiful smile on his face.

Suddenly he kissed her and for the first time ever Laken was able to understand the feeling of fireworks. Fred Weasley was an idiot, but he was her idiot. It was proven that he was hers in the way he kissed her, it wasn't full of heat or desire but full of complete and utter love. And she kissed him back with the same amount of love because if there was one thing in her life that Laken Black was sure about it was her love for Fred Weasley. Yes, he had messed up, and she was definitely going to make him work for it but in that moment she finally had him and that was all that mattered.

Pulling away Fred was quick to start begging as he pulled her closer into his chest.

"Say it again." He mumbled as he pressed a sweet kiss on her forehead causing her to sigh in content.

"I forgive you for being-"

"Not that!" Fred laughed happily as he looked down adoringly at the short girl in front of him. "I meant what you said before that.

"Oh. I love you." Laken said like it was the most casual thing in the world, shrugging her shoulders and pulling away before waking to the door. "Wanna get food? I didn't eat-"

"Not so fast darling." Fred said, reaching forward he grabbed her waist and pulled her back into his chest. "I love you too. More than you'll ever know."

"Who doesn't love me?" Laken joked causing him to roll his eyes before she looked up at him with a sickly sweet smile.

"But just so you know, if you ever call me a slut again I will make sure you're never able to have kids." She said causing a horrified look to appear on his face before he suddenly smirked.

"You wouldn't risk our kids like that." He said like he has won, though he didn't like the smile that appeared on her face."

"I still have Oliver."

"I hate you."

"You love me."

"Sadly, I do."

A/N
So it finally happened. Long overdue if u ask me. I hate this sm. This chapter sucks cause I'm horrible at writing love scenes.

Sorry there wasn't an update last week, I was on vacation.

Y'all I met a guy and I think I like him help me.

Did you all like this Chapter?

Vote and comment!!!