E L E V E N

CHAPTER ELEVEN,
Dog.

LATER THAT NIGHT LAKEN WAS ON HER WAY BACK TO THE GRYFFINDOR COMMON ROOM WHEN SHE HEARD A VOICE CALL OUT TO HER

LATER THAT NIGHT LAKEN WAS ON HER WAY BACK TO THE GRYFFINDOR COMMON ROOM WHEN SHE HEARD A VOICE CALL OUT TO HER. The girl spun on her heels and a wide smile appeared on her face as she noticed it was Cedric that had called out to her. Her heartbeat sped up the closer he got, he really was perfect.

"Hey Cedric." She smiled at him as he stopped in front of her.

"Hi." He smiled back. "I was wondering if you maybe wanted to go on a walk?" He asked nervously.

Lakens eyes widened slightly, he wanted to go on a walk with her? Perhaps Fred's plan was actually working. That was quick considering they had only been public for a day. Though she was probably just over thinking, Cedric would never see her the way she saw him.

"It's almost past curfew?" She pointed out with a confused expression.

"And?" He asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Breaking curfew huh? That's very naughty of you. But I'm in." Laken joked before grabbing his wrist and pulling him out the exit of the castle.

They were silent until they reached the path to the black lake, Cedric then decided to break it.

"So uh, you and Weasley huh?" He asked. Laken looked over at him but he wasn't looking at her, instead he was looking down at his feet as the dust kicked up under his shoes.

"You and Chang?" She shot back.

"Touché." He laughed lightly causing her to smile.

"Yea me and Fred." She said after a moment of hesitation, looking over at him to gauge his reaction.

"Is it serious?" He asked as he looked up to meet her eyes. He had some sort of emotion on his face but she couldn't quite figure it out.

Laken thought for a moment, she didn't know what to say really. Of course they weren't, their relationship wasn't even real. But she didn't know what Fred would say to Cho. They really needed to discuss this whole fake relationship thing.

"I don't think so." She finally answered with a shake of her head.

Cedrics lips twitched upwards slightly, but Laken didn't notice this.

"And why's that?" He asked curiously.

Laken looked up, her eyes meeting his and a smile appearing on his face at her answer. "Things change."

They kept their eyes locked, smiling at each other for a moment longer before Cedric cleared his throat.

"I really want to get to know you better Laken." He told her honestly, another smile breaking out on her face at his words.

"I want to get to know you too." She said honestly. If only he knew how long she had been waiting to hear him say that.

Before Cedric could reply a twig breaking further down the path caught their attention and Cedric immediately pushed Laken behind him so if something happened he could protect her.