S E V E N

CHAPTER SEVEN,
Deal.

"I THINK I HAVE A PLAN

"I THINK I HAVE A PLAN."

Laken raised her eyebrows at her ginger best friend. Fred had a plan. This could either be a really bad thing or......well another really bad thing. He looked a bit nervous, which was odd for the Weasley boy, so she decided to hear him out anyways.

"Oh yea?" She asked as she leaned back in her chair. "A plan for what?"

Fred gulped. He was taking a big risk here. Hopefully if she denied him it wouldn't make things awkward. He couldn't loose Laken, ever. He would rather have her in his life as a friend, even though it would hurt to see her with someone else, then to not have her in his life at all.

"First I need to tell you something, this way you will understand the plan better." He said with a hint of dread in his tone. What he was about to say was in no way true, but he knew that he needed some form of excuse.

"I'm listening." Laken said, she had luckily missed his tone, to busy running possibilities of what his plan could be through her mind.

"I like Cho Chang."

He said it bluntly. Better to get it over with right?

Laken could have stopped breathing right then and there. She didn't know what the feeling that washed over her was but she definitely wasn't a fan of it. Luckily it disappeared as fast as it came. One thing Laken never understood was the obsession with Cho Chang. For some reason guys seemed to drop at her feet. Yea, she was beautiful. But so was Hermione, and Ginny, and Angelia. Yet guys weren't dropping at their feet like flys. Well maybe Ginnys but that's besides the point. The difference was that Cho didn't have a good personality. She was mean to any girl who even looked in the direction of one of her boy toys, she was cruel to first years, and she judged quickly. Laken sometimes wondered how the girl wasn't placed in Slytherin. Laken even preferred Draco Malfoy over her, and that says something. So what was the deal? Why did everyone choose Cho? No, she didn't like Fred but he was her best friend. So why didn't he tell her?

"I didn't tell you because." He paused for a second, he really didn't know how to convince her into believing him. He never kept anything from Laken so this was a stretch. "Because I know you don't like her. I just didn't want to upset you."

"Fred, I'm not going to judge you based on who you like. You can't help it so why should I be mad at you for it? You don't like Cedric, but do you treat me different because I have feelings for him? No. So I won't treat you differently either." She explained, pushing away the odd feeling in her stomach she looked him in the eyes. He has really pretty eyes she thought to herself.

"Uh thanks." He smiled awkwardly. He still felt guilty about lying to her but he knew this was his only chance to win her over. "You know, this little situation we are in could work out in our favor."