[12]

"Thanks, Ry. I think I can handle myself now. I'll just wait for Bella to get home," Paige greeted Ryland a goodnight before hopping out of the car. She was about to walk into the house when she smelled something. A vampire? No. There couldn't be. They all left town, and no vampire would be stupid enough to go into a werewolf's house. Paige cautiously opened the door and flicked the light on. She didn't see anyone but could still sense a bloodsucker.

Her hands were then forced behind her back, and she was slammed against a wall at lightning speed. She grunted when she heard a pop come from her jaw. "Who are you? What are you doing here?" a high-pitched voice hissed in Paige's ear.

Paige scoffed but groaned when the mystery vampire put more pressure on her arms. "I'd ask you the same," she replied snarkily.

"I know Bella," they answered.

"I do too. But I don't break into her home. I live here, you bitch. Now let go of me before I rip your head off," the dirty blonde snapped. She let out a yelp when the leech put pressure on her elbow.

"I've never met you before. How do you know Bella?" the voice inquired harshly.

"I'm her sister. And I would assume, as Bella described you, you're Rosalie. You're the annoying one. She's Edward's sister," Paige assumed with a little chuckle.

The vampire let go of Paige, and the werewolf stepped back with a glare. Paige finally got a good look at the intruder, and she had a heart-shaped face, pale skin, golden eyes, and short black hair in a pixie cut. "Actually, I'm Alice. And Bella doesn't have a sister. How do you know about us?" the little vampire questioned. Paige laughed at how she tried to look scary despite her small size and childish clothing.

"Someone must have woken up on the wrong side of the coffin today. Cause Bella described you as bubbly and fun. You were the nice bloodsucker. Or as nice as vampires can be," the Claymore joked, and Alice scowled at her. "And how do I know about you? I'm a shifter, you twat, now get out of my house," the wolf growled.

"I need to see Bella. I saw a vision-" Alice started but Paige bust out laughing.

"You saw a vision?" she teased the tiny little demon. "Are you like a witch or some crap?" she added and walked into the kitchen, grabbing a bottle of water. Alice ran up to Paige and put her in a tight headlock.

"I'm over 100 years old. I wouldn't test me," she spat. Paige chuckled and switched the positions, so Alice is in the headlock.

"I'm stronger, faster, and smarter than you. I wouldn't test me either," Paige said and released Alice when she heard the door open. The two girls walked out of the kitchen and saw Bella, who looked around with hopeful eyes. She jumped with a gasp once she saw Alice.

Bella stared at the vampire for a few seconds before tackling her in a hug. "Alice?! Oh my god! What are you . . ." Bella yelled at a loss for words. Alice yelled her name to stop her ranting. "I'm sorry, I just, I can't believe you're here. Is . . . ." Bella continued with teary eyes.

"Would you like to explain to me how you're alive?" Alice cut her off sharply.

"What?"

"I saw a vision of you. You jumped off a cliff. Why in the hell would you try and kill yourself? I mean, what about Charlie," Alice raised her voice, and Paige laughed.

"Grandma's mad," she muttered under her breath before trudging upstairs to her room. Not wanting to stay around a vampire more than she has to. Even if she didn't trust Alice with Bella, she felt Jacob outside and could hear their entire conversation from her bedroom.

It wasn't until she heard Jacob near the house that she walked out of her room. She raced down the stairs and stopped him before he could get any further than the doorway. "What are you doing?" Paige said as quietly as she could even though she knew Alice could hear her.

"I needed to make sure Bella was safe," Jake said rather gloomy. The dirty-blonde nodded, a pain of hurt running through her for no apparent reason. "And you," the Black added, and Paige smiled softly. She nodded and let him in.

"Bella! Werewolves are not good company to keep!" Alice scolded Paige's sister as the two imprints walked in with glares.

"Speak for yourself," Jacob interrupted, and Alice shot around to face the two wolves. Jake and Bella stared at each other, Bella with a slight frown. "I had to see you two were safe," he said once he saw Bella's puzzled expression.

"I thought you couldn't protect me here," Bella stated.

"Guess I don't care," he whispered.

"Well, I'm not gonna hurt her," Alice defended herself, and Paige rolled her eyes.

"No, you're just a harmless Cullen. I'm talking about the other bloodsucker who tried to kill Bella because of you," Jacob snapped, his muscles were so tense that they barely moved as he took a breath.

"Victoria?" Alice questioned Bella, who nodded.

"Yeah, Victoria's been around," Bella answered, her lips forming into a straight line.

"I didn't see her. I didn't see you get pulled out of the water, either," the black-haired girl worried, then snapped her head over to Paige and Jacob. "I can't see past you and your pack of mutts!" she snarled, and they ground their teeth together.

"Don't get me upset . . . . or things are gonna get very ugly!" Jake snapped, and Bella rushed over to stand in the middle. Paige pulled Jake back by his arm a little, and he finally unclenched his muscles.

Bella looked at the werewolves than at the vampire and sighed. "I'll give you a minute," Alice whispered to the brunette.

She was heading outside when Bella stopped her, "hey. You're not going anywhere. You're gonna come back, right?"

"As soon as you put the dogs out," Alice perked up, and Paige sniggered at her. Once the door closed, Jake huffed.

"Is he . . . . are there others? How many Cullens are here, and how long are they staying?" Jacob interrogated eagerly.

"No. It's just Alice," Bella replied sadly, and Paige scoffed.

"Good," she hissed.

"And she can stay as long as she'd like," the sister snapped and looked at Paige. Bella grabbed the dishes they used and walked into the kitchen to clean them up.

"Well, are the rest coming back?" Paige questioned.

Bella took a deep breath, trying to control her overwhelming emotions. "No. Not that I know of. Anything else?" she said with annoyance laced in her tone.

"That's it," Jake responded with a look of defeat.

"Well, if that's all, then you better go run back to Sam," Bella muttered to Jake, then turned to Paige. "And . . . . and you can . . . . go back to Montana, I guess. Or go to the Miller's, I don't know," Paige gave her an emotionless face that hid her true feelings. Not wanting to stay around the awkwardness anymore, she walked up to her room.

Her fury was rising at super speed, and she kicked her desk chair. It flew into pieces. She plopped down onto her bed with so much force she heard a crack, but it never broke. She layed on her back and stared up at the ceiling. "Go back to Montana," they said. "Go to the Miller's," they said. "Go to Forks," they said.