[1]

"Mom!" Paige exclaimed. "I'll be fine. It's not like Bella and Charlie are poisonous." Paige and Renée both laughed through the phone as the girl pulled up to the Swan residence. It looked rather dull and boring, but she didn't want to be known to judge quickly.

"I know, sweetheart, it's just . . . . well you don't know them yet, and I want you to feel comfortable there," Renée sighed, and Paige smiled.

"I'll be okay. And I'll call you every week as we planned," Paige soothed.

"Yeah," Renée said, "yeah, I guess. Well, have fun, make friends, be nice to Bella and Charlie and—"

"And no boys. I know, I know. Dad would literally kill me from the grave if he found out," Paige uttered, and the two girls giggled. "Bye, mom."

"Bye, Paigey," Renée greeted, then the line grew dead. Paige slowly pulled the phone away from her ear and stuffed it in her pocket. She moved her gaze from the black phone screen to the house that held her half-sister and her mother's past husband.

"Here we go," she huffed and grabbed her duffle bag filled with her belongings from the passenger's seat of her car. She hopped out of the car and slammed the door shut. The dirty blonde traveled up the driveway and knocked on the front door.

She waited for a good three minutes before the door opened to reveal a man probably in his late 40s with black hair and mustache. She smiled softly at the man and said, "hi, um . . . . I'm — I'm Paige. Renée's daughter."

Charlie froze. He had almost forgotten that Paige was coming today. "Oh, yeah, right. Well, then, uh, come in. Come in," he opened his arms, and Paige rushed in to eliminate the nerves building up inside her mind.

"Thank you so much for letting me stay here. I'm looking forward to meeting my half-sister," the Claymore grinned, which made Charlie nod, his lips perking up slightly.

"Well, Bella is out with a friend, but she'll be home soon," Charlie said. A moment passed with complete silence. "Let me show you your room," Charlie said after a long inhale before.

"Yeah," Paige muttered eagerly. Charlie led her upstairs to a door across from Bella's bedroom.

"There ya go. I'll just leave you to unpack," Charlie said, and before Paige could reply, he walked back downstairs. Paige looked back at the door. Taking a deep breath, she turned the door handle.

Her eyes softened once they landed on a large twin-sized bed with puffy blankets sprawled across it. A wooden dresser, two bedside tables, a large window with the view of a tree outside, and random pictures of drawings and photos on a bulletin board. She smiled at the hominess of the room, throwing her duffle bag on the bed and sitting down cautiously.

Paige sighed, digging through a patch in her bag for a picture to stick on the board. When she finally found it, she sighed in relief and grabbed an extra tac from the side, pinning the photo of her and her father making silly faces in the middle.

It was time. Time to finally put her old tribal past behind and accept that her life now belonged in Forks. But she refused to give up her father. Even if he was dead. She still wasn't going to forget him.

~:*:~

A/N: Not all chapters will be this short.