[17]

"You're so beautiful . . . ." Jacob whispered in Paige's ear, who giggled. She turned around, so she was facing her smiling imprint and started playing with his short black hair. Jake sighed blissfully and dug his nose into her neck, making Paige lay on her back on her bed. She continued to trail her fingers into his hair along with down his neck, making him start to fall back asleep. They were taking a nap in the middle of the day instead of going to school because Jake thought there was no reason to go to school at this point, and Paige didn't want to leave her imprint alone.

The two had grown closer the past two months, but neither had gotten the guts to kiss yet, and it frustrated both of them. They knew they were more than friends, but they weren't in a relationship either. They were  . . . . somewhere. They also hadn't told Charlie or Bella about the weird place they were in; the two Swans just figured they were good friends. Bella also didn't know anything about the imprinting, not that she knew what it was or how it worked, but she was spending so much time with Vampires that Paige didn't trust her as much as she used to.

"I love you," Jake mumbled into his imprint's skin, who moved her hand under his shirt and started drawing patterns on his smooth, warm back.

"I know," she purred, and Jacob chuckled lightly.

"You know, you've never actually said it back yet," he said with a slight playfulness that Paige missed, so she licked her lips and started stumbling over her words. "It's okay . . . . you don't have to say it back," he soothed her, but she still felt guilty. She knew she loved him. So why was it so hard for her to say it? All she had to do was spit it out!

"Say it again," she uttered.

Jake laughed shortly, then repeated, "I love you. So much." He tightened his grip around her waist and closed his eyes, breathing in the euphoric scent of her mint and eucalyptus shampoo.

"I love you too," Paige muttered, and Jacob shot his eyes open. Paige smiled widely as he sat up quickly and stared at her with a dumbfounded look. "I love you, Jacob," she told him for the second time, which made his face break out into a grin. Paige sat up and crossed her legs as the two werewolves stared at each other.

Jake pushed some of her shoulder-length hair behind her ear, and she leaned into his touch. "I love you, Jacob Black," Paige repeated for the third time.

"I know," the Black hushed. The two met in the middle, and after what felt like an eternity, Jacob finally planted a kiss onto the thick blush-colored lips that belonged to his imprint. Fireworks lit up their vision as the shock spent chills through both their spines. It was almost like a huge blanket was lifted off them, and they were now able to float and be free. The two werewolves surprisingly were able to keep it under control and keep the kiss sweet and slow. Paige's mind flashed to her kiss with Teydon, which was passionate and aggressive, while Jake remained cautious and was careful with her like she was a fragile flower on the verge of wilting. She liked it like this. She was already taking things with Jake slow, or as slow as you can be with your soulmate. So why not their kisses be long and romantic.

His fingertips found her thigh, where he drew circles, making the kiss deeper but never losing an inch of control. They broke the connection to breathe and rested their forheads together. Jake layed both of them down, him hovering above her. He placed another peck to Paige's lips before going in again and making this one more passionate.

The sound of the door opening rang through their heightened ears, and they snapped their heads over to see Charlie standing frozen in the doorway with a basket of laundry under his arm. "I-um . . . . I'll just. Yeah," he mumbled before rushing out, the two werewolves running after him.