[3]

"Paige, are you sure you're okay?" Renée questioned her daughter, who was doing her weekly check-in over the phone.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm fine. Just a little fever or something, I swear I'm fine," Paige answered and felt her forehead, which felt normal to her, but when Bella had touched her arm on the way to school that day, she had said she was burning up. So, Paige stayed home, claiming she was sick even though she felt fine.

"You sure? Because I can always — " Renée said.

"No, mom, you aren't stopping your traveling to be with me when I have a little bug, okay? I'm fine," Paige interrupted heatedly. "I'll call you later, though, okay?" 

"Okay," Renée sighed, "I'll talk to you later then."

Paige hung up abruptly and tossed her phone to the edge of her bed, laying down with a huff. She felt fine. If she felt fine, then maybe she was fine. Maybe Bella and Charlie were being dramatic. They had only known her for a few weeks now. How would they know when she's sick or not? I think the person who would be able to judge that the best would be herself.

So, when Bella got home a couple of hours later, Paige convinced her that she's fine and that they should hang around some of her friends. She first suggested that Jacob guy, but Bella quickly denied it, saying that he wasn't talking to her anymore. So they moved to plan B since none of her school friends were available. They had a girls' night.

It consisted of two action-filled movies since Bella refused to watch romance. And Bella's laptop with them lying under her fluffy blankets in her room. It definitely wasn't on the list of top ten best girls' nights, but the sisters didn't mind. When the movie got boring, they would start up a conversation, which happened far too often, considering it was an action movie. Although the two learned a lot about each other and their lives.

Paige learned about Bella and how she used to live in Arizona and moved to Forks when their mom decided to start traveling, how she keeps seeing her ex-boyfriend, Edward, whenever she does something dangerous. They told each other so much and didn't hold back. They were acting like regular sisters, which made both of them happy. The only thing Bella didn't tell Paige was that the Cullens were vampires.

Paige, on the other hand, had told Bella much less. She told her about living in Montana with her father and his tragic death that she didn't state its cause. She talked about her tribe back home and how she left it to come to Forks and live a more modern life. She had enlightened Bella on some of her father's many stories about him and her mother. Unlike Bella, Paige hadn't told her about her father being a werewolf, how he was murdered right in front of her by the cold ones, and the real reason she moved to Forks.

~:*:~