Dead.

•Shuichi's PoV•

No...

No......

Nonononnono!!!

We all stared at the cold, lifeless body of Angie Yonaga

We all stared at the cold, lifeless body of Angie Yonaga. "N-No..." I said weakly. "A-Angie??!" Himiko asked "No!! Angie!!" Tenko shouted "No... not another... Why?" Kokichi asked

I felt my stomach flip...

This can't be happening...

"An-gie.... I-I o-oh g-god..." I stuttered through heavy breathing. Tears I had been holding in for a long time threatened to fall but Himiko had beaten me to it... "A-An-gie!!!! Nooo....!!!" Himiko sobbed as the body discovery announcement played.

I felt weak... I was frozen

It happened again...

Kokichi turned his head to me, crying softly and shaking...

I have to be strong for him.

"Shhh... I'm here..it's..." I was about to tell him that it was okay, that everything would be fine.. but... I knew deep inside that...

This was not okay.

Nothing would be fine.

But even if that was the truth, I wouldn't believe it for a second. And I wouldn't let him believe it either. It would only make things worse. It would only make him feel...

Despair...

"Hey.. Hey. Look at me." I said. He lifted his head to make eye contact. "We'll be fine.." I tried to smile the best I could. He nodded and wiped his tears away. Monokuma appeared and gave us all the Monokuma file. I took a deep breath... and walked over to... Angie...

In...

Out...

By this time everyone was here. I looked around and gathered clues... I noticed the wax effigies hanging oddly around Angie's body. Kokichi walked up to me and hugged me tightly. I was confused until I felt something roll down my cheek... I was crying and didn't notice... I hugged him back slowly, letting not all but some of the bottled up emotions from the past two trials go... if I let it all out here then who would investigate? They're all counting on me... I can't fail.

In...

Out...

I picked myself up and started investigating again... until Kiyo gave me an idea...

"What if we perform a seance?" He suggested "Huh? Wh-Why?" I asked "Well,  if we connect with Angie's spirit maybe she could tell us who the culprit was..." He said. I mean, it couldn't do any harm...

Right?

"Um... I don't know... what if something happen-" I started. Kiyo put his hands on my shoulders "Listen, Shuichi. I think this would be a... good choice. Who knows, you could be passing up an opportunity to find the killer easily... you don't want to do that, do you?" I mean.... he wasn't wrong.. what if by declining I was just making this harder for myself and everyone else... I don't want to do that.