Getting better

• Kokichi's POV •

"Well, we should get going." Shumai said before pulling me up with him "waaahhh but it's so warm in thereeee" I whined, he just laughed and pulled me up completely. We got dressed and headed to the dining hall "Y'know.. you and Kaede's theory about there being a mastermind.." I said, "Well it's not half bad" "y-you think so?" He asked "of course my beloved~" I said teasingly he just blushed and looked away, that made me laugh. He then outstretched his hand, I knew what he was implying so I took his hand quickly and intertwined his fingers with mine as I felt butterflies in my stomach, I tried to suppress my blush but it was no use.

As we approached the dining hall I suddenly got nervous, what if they don't accept us together? What do we do then? I don't want Saihara-Chan to be separated from his friends because of me... He saw the look on my face and he somehow knew what I was thinking "Hey.. it's okay, if they don't like it then they're just going to have to deal with it!" He said with a determined but nervous look on his face, I could tell he had the same fear as me.

What if they don't accept us..?

"Okay... Are you ready?" He asked me "As I'll ever be!" I said, it was a little out of character for me but that didn't matter as we made our way into the dining hall holding each other's hands.

"Hey! Shuichi..?" Kaito exclaimed the first part but he sounded puzzled for the second half as me and Shumai were holding hands. "Hey guys." Saihara-Chan said smiling at them as he sat down with me "Why are you and Kokichi of all people holding hands?" Maki asked getting straight to the point, Shumai took a breath seeming nervous and slowly said "Kokichi and I... are together" he said slowly. "Oh.. huh, I should have figured" Maki said before squishing her bow "Really...? Kokichi...?" Kaito asked, unsure "Yes." Shuichi said firmly, this made me feel a bit better about all of this "Well... if Shuichi is happy with you, Kokichi. Then I'll support you guys in your decision!" He said with his dumbass smile "...Thanks.." I said trying to smile at him, I know he's got problems with me and he probably hates me like everyone else but him supporting Shumai and I's relationship then I'm happy...
Shumai gave my hand a supportive squeeze which made me feel a little better... "what about you Maki-Roll?" Kaito asked "M-Maki-Roll?!" She questioned while blushing "It's a nickname silly!" Kaito said smiling as always "Kaito and Maki- Sittin' in a tree-K-I-S-S-" Himiko sang before Maki glared at her and she quickly shut up "Hey! Don't glare at Himiko!" Tenko said while patting the top of Himiko's hat making Himiko blush "Here's your breakfast." Kirumi said as she put six plates down "Thanks mom!" I said "Thank you Kirumi." Saihara-Chan said and everyone else thanked her too "Mooooom can I have some Panta please?" "Of course" Kirumi said "and, Please do not call me mom.." she added as she walked away. I giggled and started eating as everyone else did as Kirumi brought me my Panta "Thanks mom!" I said she just smiled and walked away.

As we left the dining hall holding hands Angie, Himiko, and Tenko ran up to us "Guys wait up!" Himiko said while trying to catch her breath "Me, Himiko, and Angie are holding a magic show in the gym tomorrow afternoon" Tenko said "we've told everyone else and they are coming, even Atua will be watching!" Angie explained "We wanted to ask you guys if you wanted to come" Himiko said. I looked at Shumai and he nodded, I wanted to go as well "Sure~ I wanna see how this plays out~" I said putting on my mask again "Yay!" Himiko said "Extraordinary! We will see you there... Byeonara!" Angie said winking before walking off with Tenko. Himiko gave me a sad smile before joining Tenko and Angie, I was confused by this but I didn't question it. "Well.. I guess we're going to a magic show tomorrow..?" Shumai said while shrugging "Guess so." I said before we walked off together.

*Time skip brought to you by Tenmiko and Irumatsu :>*

*Ding Dong*

*Bing Bong*

"Mine or yours?" Shumai asked me "Yours." I replied "Okay" Shumai said as we started heading to his dorm.

...

He fumbled with his key for a moment before unlocking the door and leading me inside. He locked the door afterwards, he sat down on his bed and fell backwards with a sigh. I chuckled "Tired?" "Yeah..." I sat down next to him and stared at the floor, I was too nervous to ask for cuddles and I was sooo tired too "Do you want cuddles...?" He asked sleepily, I felt super bad about doing this when he was tired but before I could reply he put his arms around my waist and pulled me down with him, I guess he already knew the answer. He adjusted so we were laying properly on the bed and he pulled me closer so my head was in the crook of his neck. I blushed at this but I was too tired to try and suppress it, so I let it be. "You can tell me when you want to cuddle you know..." Shumai said. "..." He gently kissed my forehead and played with my hair which made me feel amazing, it was so relaxing...

"Hey Kokichi?" "Mmm...?" "Can I ask you something?" "Mhmm..." "Why do you... use my last name all the time? And.. you can be honest" I didn't expect this from him but I decided I shouldn't lie to him "It's because..." "because I don't think I deserve... to call you by your first name..." I said as tears threatened to fall. He sat up and pulled me with him "Kokichi..." "I'm-" I started choked up my my sobs "I-I'm sorry Saihara-cha-" "Please, call me Shuichi." I looked up at him, tears streaming down my face "B-but I don't deserve-" "Kokichi, you *do* deserve it. You deserve so much more than your given. You are *so* amazing in every way. So please, call me Shuichi" I was speechless until I finally got somthing to come out of my mouth "Sh-Shuichi..." I said. He smiled at me, intertwined his fingers with mine and then showered me in kisses to make me stop crying, I couldn't help myself and couldn't stop giggling. "Oh yeah I almost forgot!" He said. He let go of my hand and rummaged around in his bag "You know how you were asking yourself 'what if one of us died?'"
"Y-yeah...? I said, cursing my stutter "Well, a few nights ago I was thinking about it and today I asked Tsumugi about it and she put together this!" He said as he pulled somthing out of his bag...

It was a little Shuichi doll... it had button eyes, a tag attached saying somthing, it even had Shuichi's little ahoge..."It's for you" He smiled. I just looked at it as he handed it to me "...Thank you Sh-Shuichi..." I looked at the tag and it said...

'Hey Kokichi! I just want you to know that whatever happens to me, I love you. And I will love you no matter what. Please know that you can talk to me about anything in the world and I will always listen. You are one of the best things that has ever happened to me.
-I love you. Shuichi Saihara <3'

"I... Shuichi..." I said "I-I hope you like it" he said sheepishly "I love it.." I said, smiling and looking at the doll and putting it on the bedside table before hugging him tightly. Thank you Tsumugi... "I'm glad" he said before I felt tired again and released my grip. I was about to fall onto the pillow until Shuichi caught my head in his arms "Hehe! Tired?" He said teasingly, mimicking my words from before, I was to tired to tease back as it was getting harder and harder to keep my eyes open.

He laid me down on his lap and brushed my bangs out of my face and started to play with my hair which relaxed me promptly, he looked into my eyes lovingly while gently smiling "you are so cute, Koki" he said which made me blush. I felt like I could fall asleep at any moment... he kissed my forehead and laid down next to me propping himself up on his elbow and stroking my face gently... My eyes were closed so he probably thought I was asleep, and because of that he started to sing quietly

(You can listen to the song at the top if u want :3 it's just the chorus but yknow)

Put your hands in mine~

You know that I want to be with you all the time~

You know that I won't stop until I make you mine~

Until I make you mine~

He hummed the rest but him singing to me was enough to rock me gently to sleep...

A/N  W O R D S: 1581

Idk what to put lol
-Author-Chan