Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Victoria woke up the next morning realizing Alec wasn't in bed. She quickly got dressed and headed downstairs and saw a scrawny kid and Clary still there. She ended up texting Cassie asking Clary to which Cassie told her to just pluck her hair and do magic and Victoria angrily responded "because I can right,"

Victoria didn't know why she told Alec she tried magic but it scared her. Does that mean the witches pull a spell and if she used magic, it'd burn her finger. Victoria rubbed it and sighed in pain while she walked to the ops room where they were all settled. She wanted to find out what was going on. She has an uneasy feeling especially hearing Kaleb was back.

"This doesn't seem like a coincidence,"

What she didn't realize was Alec was staring at her while she was quiet. Last night was a moment they both had in their "relationship" which scared Alec and kept him up and he couldn't help but wonder who or what Kaleb was. It bothered him but he didn't want to burn his ego to ask her. Victoria on the other hand was more panicked hearing about Kaleb and why he'd be back and was glad for the first time she was behind institute wall.

-Flashback-

"Kaleb," cried a 14 year old Victoria running down the coven stairs "Take me with you"

"I can't do that, sister," he replied as he walked away.

"You promised you'd never abandon me," Victoria cried harder which Kaleb ignored "I have to do other rather than raise you, you are grown up,"

Victoria cried harder "please don't leave me with them, please," As she grabbed her brother.

Kaleb pushed his sister to the ground and yelled "don't you dare try to look for me because I'm not coming back and I don't want you with me,"

Victoria started hiccupping from her cries "so you did do it, you killed mom,"

Kaleb ignored her but he knew how persistent she was so he ended up attacking her with fire which ended up burning her feet.

Victoria screamed in pain until other witches came to help. Even with healer the recovery took two weeks because how badly burnt she was and the slow healing was due to dark magic. Victoria knew he didn't want to be found but texted him everyday in the beginning until it started decreasing. She wasn't even sure if he had the same number.

- End of Flashback-

Victoria didn't realize Alec was standing next to her as she was too busy in her own mind and thought "it's been four years,"