Chapter 2

Chapter 2

- Six days later -

Victoria was pacing around her room for what felt like hours but she knew it was only 15 minutes. Her future mother-in-law was coming to visit her to give her a set of "rules" she has to follow.

"I feel like I'm being sold," Victoria whispered.

"Sweetie, it'll be okay, what if he's nice," Abby tried to lighten the air.

"Shadowhunters and nice, are you insane, he's probably all tattooed up, we don't even know what he looks like, he can be a 50 year old with a bunch of tattoos," Cassie spoke with frustration as she sat down on Victoria's bed.

Victoria slightly panicked and couldn't help but tear up. Cassie sighed and went to hug her "hey maybe he is nice,it's just speculation, have you spoke to Josephine,"

Victoria just nodded which now got a response from Abby. "Our lives suck, I wish I was a mundane"

"I don't," laughed Cassie which made the other girls burst into laughter.

"Since this is the first ever witch-shadowhunter wedding, and no Tessa doesn't count because she was never apart of the coven and not from a pure bloodline, but will they also do our wedding traditions since you are doing there, gosh I have so many questions I'm frustrated," babbled Cassie.

Victoria stared at her uncomfortably because she didn't even know her future husbands name and had the same questions but didn't want to voice it.

-At The New York Institute-

"I'm not going," Alec yelled at his mother

"I have to go see her and explain her the rules, and the clave wants you to attend," Maryse explained to Alec.

"No, I am already forced to marry this heathen and now I have to see her, I just want peace before I'm stuck with this forever," Alec ruffled his hair as he spoke.

Maryse sighed as she was walking out the room "Fine but please do not embarrass us tomorrow, tomorrow is the wedding,"

Maryse heard Alec throw his books as she left the room and she knew how badly her son didn't want to marry this witch. If she could change anything, it would be this marriage but she also knew it would bring their family in favor of the Clave. Everyone was talking about the Lightwoods and the bravery of her son. Why shouldn't she be a bit happy? But she was never going to let the witch live in peace. Maryse hated witches the most and even if her family will become in favor, she wouldn't allow a witch in the institute to run around.

"I should put her in place before she thinks, I know how manipulative a witch can be," Maryse thought as she was teleporting her way to the coven with a witch who would be assisting in the marriage.