Chapter 16

Chapter 16

Victoria was very happy that Alec finally agreed to meet Kaleb who also agreed if Alec did not bring the other Shadowhunters. They both decided it would be best to keep this away from others including their friends.

"Come on," Victoria rushed Alec who quickly put some of his weapons away and when Victoria mentioned "That won't be needed and if it is, I have my magic,"

"I rather be prepared," Laughed Alec until Izzy entered their room questioning where they were going.

"My wonderful husband decided to finally take me on a date," Victoria laughed which made Alec eye widen.

"Finally," Izzy winked toward Alec who awkwardly smiled.

When Alec and Victoria finally were able to slip away to meet Kaleb, he calmly looked at them trying not to show any emotion. Alec still decided to carry his weapons close.

"I am not going to hurt you," Kaleb spoke but Alec didn't trust him.

"Kaleb," Victoria finally spoke.

"Tor, can we speak alone," Kaleb finally asked but Alec responded "No"

"Yes, we can, Alec can you wait," she asked hoping he would agree which he finally did.

Alec was furiously annoyed but decided to let them talk.

"Did you kill Hodge," asked Victoria?

"Obviously, did you think I was going to let him live after I found out," Kaleb answered harshly.

"You have never been a brother for me, so don't pretend like you care now," Victoria was raising her voice, but Kaleb sighed "I know I left you alone but no matter what you will always be my sister and I promise I will help you and him,"

"How can I trust you," Alec finally asked, and he was trying not to listen but couldn't help himself.

"Well, what do you need, I know you want to take down Valentine, but I can help with that, I know where he is, if you ambush him, you can. However, I need help taking down Josephine, if she is dead, the next in line will be from Cassie family who have been wanting peace," Kaleb spoke.

It took Victoria a bit to understand what he was saying.

"And what do you want in return and why Josephine," Alec asked/

"I want to come home and not be hunted and Josephine has been the one supplied Valentine to help get rid of the Shadowhunters, we all need to stop this war between us. Just because you both are married, that won't hold long if there is a war," Kaleb spoke and said, "and...I want to be there for my sister, she is my family and I know that extends to you, but I do mean that,"