Chapter 9

Chapter 9

The next few days were a blur. Clave members and the Witches decided to speak regarding the new problems. Maryse was trying null the marriage by claiming the witches lied but the clave shot her the first chance she got since the peace was being held. The witches kept their promise by helping being Jocelyn from Valentine. However, the witches wanted help in return, to help get rid of Kaleb.

Victoria was barely allowed to see Alec the past few days because of questioning. When Josephine came she ended up grabbing Victoria by her and yelled "How dare you practice when you were banned and now we are in this predicament because of you, I should've never took your bastard family in,"

Victoria pushed Josephine off and grew angry from everyone trying to put it on her. She's been interrogated by Shadowhunters and witches. And all of them had their weird methods of how to make her talk about Kaleb. She was snapping and finally spoke "I'll use magic now," which made Josephine laugh "you use magic, you'll end up killing yourself,"

"It's better than being treated like this," Victoria spoke as she started to chant a spell that's cause fire but ended up burning her hand and arm but she didn't stop until finally the room was covered in fire. What Victoria didn't notice her arm felt broken, not from the burning but Josephine using a spell to crush her arms.

Victoria wasn't able to stop Josephine but did cause some damage but more to herself. She was missing Alec, they took him for interrogation as well. She wasn't even allowed in the same room. She felt uneasy sleeping in the bed without him and not seeing him. They even took her phone so she couldn't contact him. Victoria laid in the infirmary being patched up as she notice Izzy approach.

"What did they do," Izzy spoke with concern which shocked Victoria.

"I'm trying to give us a chance in being friends. I've realized I was being harsh and selfish. I didn't even realize what they did and are doing,"

Victoria sighed "it's okay but how's Alec,"

"It's been non stop interrogation, yours seem worse than everyone else,"

"Can you guys see each other," Victoria asked

"Yeah," Izzy replied knowing it's disappoint her knowing she was isolated. In the past few days she realized the witches didn't even care about their own like Victoria. She started seeing her in a new light especially after seeing how miserable Alec had become without her presence

"Are you doing okay," she asked Izzy?

Izzy took a deep breath and responded "I don't know,