44

"Ro..." Virgil fussed as he groaned against the pain in his chest. "Ro... Roman." His hand twitched as his eyes fluttered. "Ro..."

"Virgil, It's Logan. Can you hear me?" Virgil stopped fussing, his eyes fluttering a bit more before he frowned and finally let his eyes open. "You're up. I'm glad."

"Logan?" Virgil grunted in pain as he forced himself to sit up, only for the room to start spinning. "What... What happened?"

"After your panic attack, you fell asleep. You were too sick to wake up." Virgil frowned as Logan sat beside him with a worried look of his own. "You've been asleep now for nearly a week."

"A week?! What about Thomas... the twins. Shit..." Logan was quick to pull Virgil's hands in to stop him from pulling at his hair. 

"Breathe, Virgil. It's ok. Patton and I have been handling everything. The twins have been cared for. You were our concern." Virgil just sat there shaking as Logan smiled sadly. "Roman was worried." Virgil's eyes instantly darted up as Logan nodded. "He's been the one caring for you and making sure you ate and drank."

"Don't lie to me..."

"I am not Deceit. I'm logic." Virgil choked back a laugh as Logan just smirked. "And there is no logic in lying to you about that."

"I'm sorry. It's just... I don't believe you. Roman wouldn't come back. Especially not for me." Logan sighed as he pulled away and moved over to the table. There was no point in fighting him. He would learn the truth for himself when Roman came back from Thomas's. "What are you even doing here, Specs? Why are you the one helping me?"

"I told you, whether you believe me or not, Roman is the one that took care of you." Virgil went to say something only for Logan to stop him by turning around with a bowl of oatmeal and a cup of water. "However, despite trying to fight it, Thomas called him out, so he asked me to take over while he dealt with the host."

"You know you can drop the story at any time here, Lo." Logan smiled as he handed the bowl over making Virgil frown slightly. He placed the cup beside the other on the nightstand as he shook his head. 

"I would not stop the truth, even if one believes it to be a fabrication. There's no reason to lie. Roman IS with Thomas. And he will be greatly displeased to learn you woke up without him here to see you." Virgil didn't say anything that time. He just glared at the oatmeal as he went to eat. "Also, if I may say so... Roman made that for you himself." Virgil froze, spoon moments from his mouth. "It would make him happy to find that you ate it all this time but... no pressure. I do not want you getting worse. Oh... and please uh... wheres that card?" Logan fumbled around his flashcards before pulling one out that nearly made Virgil choke before he even ate anything. "Please 'hydrate... don't diedrate'."

"Uh... Yeah. Ok then, teach." Virgil laughed as he smiled over Logan's attempt. "Thank you."

"Don't thank me, Virgil. Thank Roman... when you see him." Virgil's eyes darkened once again as Logan left. The anxious side just rolled his eyes as he ate his food, tears falling from his eyes. 

"Roman isn't coming back." Virgil whined to himself as he wiped his tears away. "Don't get my hopes up for nothing."

"GOD DAMN IT!" Roman yelled as he sunk back into the house, angered beyond belief. "Hours! Fucking Hours!" Roman huffed as he forced himself to take a breath as Logan frowned over at him from the chair he sat reading in. "S-S-Sorr-ry."

"It's quite alright. I had expected you to return somewhat unsettled."

"U-Unsett-tled... No. No, I'm not 'unsettled'. I-I'm a-angr-ry." Roman's eyes flared as he shook his head still trying just to calm down. 'Thomas had me there for literal hours just to ask what I was up to and why I left? No matter how many times I told him I had to get back... He'd just find something new to need help with.' Roman growled as he threw his arms out in anger. "He literally DUMPED a fucking puzzle box open and had me pick it up so I wouldn't leave!"

"He's missed you, Roman. We all have." Roman sighed as he nodded before hugging himself. Logan just smiled as he closed his book, thumb on the page he'd turn back to just so he wouldn't lose it. "He woke up." Roman's eyes shot wide as Logan nodded seeing the tears building up. "I do not know if he's still up but... He was up. Talked to me and everything. I gave him the bowl before leaving."

"He... He woke up while I was g-gon-ne?" Logan only nodded again as Roman crashed with relief. "H-H-He's g-getting better. H-He won't f-fade."

"He won't fade." Logan confirmed as Roman's tears fell, that smile of him practically glowing.

"Thank you, Logan." Roman ran off without wasting a single second more. He burst into the door just beaming at how Virgil was leaned against his pillow. It was clear he had moved since Roman was forced to leave that morning. The blankets were tossled and Virgil had a stuffed cat cuddled close to his chest. A stuffed cat Roman didn't even know Virgil possessed let alone had in the room somewhere. 

"Mi Amor..." Roman lulled so softly as he slowly made his way over to the bed. He glanced over at the bowl now sitting beside the empty cup of water and felt as his heart sang. Just like the cup, it was completely empty. He had eaten all of it... finally. Logan was right... Virgil wasn't going to fade. He wasn't going to lose his love. Roman put himself back into the bed, smiling wide as Virgil shifted into him and hummed. "There you go, Virgil." Roman whispered as his eyes shimmered with such pure emotion. "J-J-Just k-keep gett-ting better."

"Ro..." Virgil whispered as Roman wrapped his arms protectively around him. This sleepy smile formed on the smaller face as Roman nuzzled into his hair. "Thank you." He slurred out still clearly in dreamland but Roman didn't care any.

"Of course, Mi Amor. I'd do a-an-nything f-for you."