38

"I'm sorry. I just..." Thomas grumbled sadly as he glanced around at the three sides before him, the twins sitting on the couch behind them. "He still hasn't come back yet."

"My apologies Thomas. I'm afraid I was unaware of everything going on." Logan smiled sadly as he looked over to see how dazed and out of it Virgil seemed to be. "I had been staying at my cabin doing research... I only learned about Roman's departure recently."

"It's my fault."

"Now kiddo." Patton tried to cut in seeing the tears forming in Virgil's eyes. "What did we say about that? Roman care's about all of us. He'll be back. He has to."

"He hasn't yet." Virgil snapped with a very broken laugh. "Roman left over a month ago. He hasn't sent word let alone return and you're STILL holding on to him coming back. Face it, Morality. R-Rom-man's gone." Patton sighed as he met with Logan's worried gaze.

"Please tell me you're here for good?" Logan frowned as he nodded making Patton let out a relief filled breath. "No more cabin? No more research?"

"No more. My family is far more important. Had I known... I would have returned far sooner. I didn't even know about the boys..." Logan gestured to the twins who both had a very sad look in their eyes. Ever since they saw Roman neither bother could leave each other alone at all. They clung to each other as they cried. "Right now, however, our priority must be Thomas."

"I just don't know what to do." Thomas grimaced as his hand went to his chest. "I feel... I guess the best way to describe it would be... depressed. I'm in pain, but I don't know why I would be." Everyone glanced over at Virgil who was still just staring at the ground dazed and unalert. "Usually this sort of feeling... it's mild and only for so long. Roman comes in and distracts me from it and next thing I know, I'm feeling a lot better but... He's not here." Virgil's eyes narrowed as his fists clenched. His mind was reeling as Thomas's words flurried around his head. "I just don't understand why Roman isn't he-..."

"IT'S MY FAULT!" Virgil finally snapped like an old rubber band, everything in him screaming in pain as tears fell from his eyes. "Roman's gone because of me." Thomas's eyes shot wide his hand now clenching his shirt tightly with a whimper. Virgil cried out as he gripped his hair, his emotion's pulling him under so fast.

"VIRGIL!" Patton went to comfort him only for the twins to start to cry too, the two of them no longer able to handle seeing their family in so much pain. Patton tensed his eyes darting to Logan who just nodded and gestured to the boys. "You sure?"

"I've got him. You take care of your sons." Patton smiled gratefully as he rushed over to his twins, who both latched onto him instantly. While Patton whispered soft reassurance to the boys, Logan slowly made his way over to the breaking side currently curled up in a fetal position on the floor. "Virgil?"

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I-I-I d-didn't m-m-mean t-to." Logan's sighed sadly as he sat down before him, crossing his legs Indian style, before taking a deep breath and startling Virgil a bit. "L-Log-gan-n?"

"It's ok, Virgil. Just focus on me." Virgil cried as he dug his fingers into his hair making the logical one even more worried. "Virgil, focus on me ok."

"F-F-Fuc-ck that-t." Logan couldn't help but chuckle a bit at that. 

"I need you to try and breathe with me ok? Can you do that? Can you breathe with me?" Virgil faltered as Logan took another very dramatic breath. "In for 4." Virgil nodded as he followed, his eyes trained on Logan who was actually smiling. "Good. Ok now try to hold it for 7." Virgil made it about 5 seconds before gasping and crying again. "It's ok. It's ok. Now, that's why I said to try. It's ok to not get it at first. Let's try it again ok. Can you do that?" Virgil just gave a very shaky nod and he and Logan both breathed in again. "In for 4. Hold for 7." Logan's eyes lit up as they did it and he nodded happily. "That's great. Good job. Ok, see if you can do the next part. Breath out for 8." It didn't take long for Virgil to choke but by this point, Logan had managed to move the younger hands from his hair and was now holding them between them. "That's ok. Let's try it again. You're doing really good, Virgil. In for 4." Virgil just nodded as he followed along, this time without Logan doing it with him. "Hold for 7." Thomas watched with sad eyes behind the two as Logan gently squeezed the younger hands. "Now out for 8. You've got this, Virgil." Logan watched as Virgil breathed out and smiled even brighter at the pride that shined in Virgil's eyes. "See. I know you had this."

"T-Thanks." Logan nodded as Virgil whispered out softly.

"Before I let go though, we're going to try something ok?" Virgil just nodded as he felt Logan squeeze his hand again. "I'm going to ask you some easy math and I just need to you answer it ok?"

"O-Ok-kay." 

"What's 2x2?" Logan nodded seeing how Virgil was shaking but still focusing on him.

"F-Four."

"That's good. Now, what's 2x4?"

"That's... Th-That's E-Eight." Virgil smirked slightly in response.

"Great. 2x8?"

"16." Logan nodded happily as Virgil started to breathe a little calmer.

"Ok now Virgil, one last thing ok? I need you to list just five things around you besides us." Virgil's eyes widened a bit as he started to look around in thought.

"The couch?"

"Good that's one." Virgil smiled as he turned and looked back towards the tv.

"Television and the remote."

"That's three."

"The fridge." Virgil pointed over to the kitchen as he smiled awkwardly.

"That's four. Just one more Virgil." Virgil looked back at Logan with a soft yet tired look before yawning.

"The coffee table behind you." Virgil rubbed his eyes as he grimaced over the headache he got. "Thank you, Logan."

"Do you feel better?" Virgil nodded as he yawned again and hugged his hoodie close to him. "I'm glad.

"How did you..."

"That's what I was researching." Virgil's eyes shot wide as Logan just laughed over his shock. "Anything emotion-related and how it affects the person. As well as the steps and tricks one might use to assist those with emotional issues. You were right, Virgil. This was something I should know, so I did what I could to learn it. I'm just sorry I wasn't there when you and Roman both needed me before." Virgil wiped his tears away as he shook his head and sighed.

"You were here now. I..." Virgil's eyes dropped a bit as the emotional exhaustion finally took its toll. He had been sick for so long now, this attack finally sent him over the edge. "I still need you."

"Logan?" Logan glanced back to see the worried look on Thomas's face as the host just smiled at him and Patton both. "I think you two should take them home now. They all look like they need rest. Tell Virgil, I hope he feels better. I never did like it when you guys are hurt or sick."