TW- Apathy, Unsympathetic light sides, Pride

"So, this is the light side?" Virgil smiled as he fixed his hood over himself better, just taking everything in. His cool grey eyes scowered the picture-esk view as he laughed. Well, there was one rumor that wasn't fake. They really did make the place look like a Disney movie. Beautiful cherry blossoms sat in rows sending petals through the air making it all look... so pretty. It was bright here. Bright and clear... Not a single dark cloud in sight. He could see why the Dark sides were jealous now. It really was just so perfect over here. "Wo-..." Virgil crashed to the dirt with a grunt of surprise having gotten so distracted he had accidentally walked into someone. Someone strong enough to be a damn wall at least. "I'm sorry. I wasn't looking..." Virgil froze up the moment his eyes laid on the man he had bumped into. None other than Logan freaking Sanders was standing there, book in hand, glaring down at him.

"That is a correct statement. You indeed weren't looking where you were going." Virgil cowered slightly under the intense glare he was receiving. His anxiety sparked in him as he struggled to get to his feet.

"I-I didn't... I mean... I uh... I d-didn't m-mean to. I'm t-t-terribly s-sorry I... I-I u-um... Sorry, Log-gic-c..."

"Stop." Virgil flinched as Logan rolled his eyes. "I do not have the time to entertain those who don't even have the mental capacity to form coherent and proper words. Either talk in a way where I can understand you or do not talk at all."

"W-What?" Logan groaned as he closed his book and tucked it under his arm, giving the younger his full attention.

"My intellect is far better suited elsewhere than deciphering whatever nonsense you are saying. Your words are so jumbled and incoherent. You cannot expect me to actually stand here and sift through it right? Do us both a favor and just stop talking? I have more important matters to attend to. Such as this book..." Logan opened his book again as he started to walk off leaving a very stunned Virgil standing there. "... with words, I can actually understand."

"Well, ok then?" Virgil frowned as he just tried to understand what it was that just happened. "He must have been having a bad day." Virgil tried to explain it off as he hugged his jacket around him. "Yeah... Everyone has them and they all get testy. That's all... He was just having a bad day."

"Who was, Kiddo?"

"Logic." Virgil mumbled as he tried to calm himself down before walking off.

"Why do you think Logan was having a bad day?" Virgil shrugged as he stared at the ground.

"Because he was a bit... testy with me. But that's ok, he wasn't wrong. I was stuttering and if he wasn't in the mood to listen to it then I understand." Virgil sighed as he shook his head and just tried to lose his focus back into the environment around him. "I don't know. I was trying to apologize but... he said I didn't have the mental compacity to talk coherently."

"Well, that wasn't very nice of him." Virgil laughed softly as he shrugged. 

"It doesn't matter. I'm just surprised I even saw him at all." Virgil smiled as he turned to see who he was talking to and he just froze up. "Oh... sh... Hi, Morality." Patton frowned slightly as Virgil shook a bit with anxiety. "I-I didn't... Uh. I um... I didn't r-realize... I... Shit, this is what happened with Logan."

"Language." This chill ran down Virgil's spine as his eyes slowly looked up to see Patton glaring at him. "We don't allow such words here, Kiddo."

"Fuck... I mean. I'm sorry." Patton's face fell to a stern look and Virgil stumbled back. "I'm screwed. I'm sorry. I really should get home." Patton's eyes only narrowed as Virgil took a hesitant step back. "Dee is going to be worried."

"Dee? As in Deceit." Virgil crashed as Patton crossed his arms with this scary look in his eyes. "Are you from the dark side?"

"I, uh..."

"Don't lie to me. Lying is immoral and wrong." Virgil's anxiety skyrocketed as Patton groaned. "I think your right. You should go home. Why don't I..." Patton's eyes shined making Virgil whimper with fear. "...escort you myself."

"No. I'm good." 

"HEY!" Virgil ran off leaving Patton there yelling after him. What the hell happened? Patton, of all people?! No. Maybe he was just trying to protect him? Right? The light sides and the dark sides don't really mesh for a reason. Maybe he was only offering to escort him just to make sure he got back safely. Yeah... that had to be it. And he's morality, of course he'd be a bit miffed about cursing. He was just saying Virgil shouldn't... he wasn't going to hurt him. This is Patton we're talking about. There's just no way...

"Fuck!" Once again Virgil ended up in the ground making him whimper as his head went reeling from the stress.

"You should really watch where you're going." At this point, Virgil was just done. His eyes met with those light green ones and he just didn't have the energy anymore to deal with anything. Dee was right. He never should have come over here. Roman's eyes narrowed as Virgil slowly got to his feet and brushed himself off. "I don't think I've ever seen you around before..."

"That's because I'm from the dark side." Roman's eyes flashed as Virgil just gave up entirely. "Go ahead. Yell at me. Scream... lock me up for ruining your perfect light side. I just don't care anymore."

"Excuse me." Virgil rolled his eyes as he scoffed and gestured behind him. 

"I came over here because I was the ONLY one who didn't believe a single rumor about any of you. Yet the first thing that happens to me is I got treated like a moron f-f-for stut-t-tering, which I can't control. Then I accidentally swore in front of Pat." Roman winced slightly as Virgil shook his head. "So I panicked and ran and now I've run into the 'prince' himself. If it wasn't bad enough. I really don't want to find out if the rumors about you are true or not, because frankly, I'd rather be a moron and still have some semblance of hope in that shit hole I call home. So if you'll excuse me..."

"Hold on a minute." Roman glared over at him as he grabbed Virgil's arm to keep him from leaving. "You don't just run into me, give me such disrespect, and just leave. Who do you think you are?"

"Virgil Sanders." Roman's eyes went wide as Virgil tore his arm free. "And I don't care what you have to say about my attitude. I'm tired. I'm scared, and I want to go home. It's bad enough I'm going to get yelled at by Dee and Remus over this. So just..." Roman's grip got tighter making Virgil's panic pull him under. "Please... Please just let me go."

"You just mentioned Remus." Virgil whimpered as curled into himself. "Just who exactly are you, Virgil?"

"N-N-Not-t i-import-tant-t. Let-t me g-go." Roman frowned as Virgil tried to pull his arm free. "Let me go, you prideful piece of shit!" Virgil froze up instantly hand over his mouth as his eyes darted up to see the pure rage in the prince's eyes. 

"Roman!" Roman smirked hearing his comrades voice and Virgil just crashed completely. He was dead. That's all there was to it. Dee was going to have a corpse as a successor. "Roman... You found him."

"Found who?" Patton's eyes narrowed as he glared over at the broken and silent dark side. "Awe, you mean Virgil?"

"Virgil?" Roman nodded as he tossed Virgil into Patton's arms making the dark side whimper. 

"Yes, Virgil. Say, Patton? You mentioned once how you thought about teaching the Darksiders what it meant to be good, right?" Virgil's face filled with horror as Patton's grip tensed around his arms. "I have a feeling Virgil is in dire need of a few lessons."

"No. Please. Just let me go home. I'm sorry. I didn't mean it..."

"Enough!" Roman's voice echoed through the air making Virgil flinch as the Prince laughed. "You didn't really think I would just let you go after what you called me right? I'm a prince! Royalty... You don't speak to me like that. So... A few nights in a cell might help to... curb your disrespect... and then Patton, he's all yours."