40

Roman fussed lightly noticing the arms wrapped closely around him. He smiled as his eyes fluttered open to find himself in this very large bed with Janus and Remus holding him from both sides. He felt... safe. Roman glanced around to see the blankets that covered the bed completely and his mind flashed to Virgil. No wonder The Emo Darling used a blanket fort to help calm him down. It must be something that all three of them do.

Roman sighed as he carefully pulled the two's arms off of him before shimming out of bed. He pushed himself out of the fort finding a  blanket and pillow that wasn't used and just smiling as he wrapped the blanket around him, basking at the weight it gave him. He cuddled the pillow close to his chest as he quietly made his way down the hall lost in thought. He could smell the lilacs from the pillow and felt the tears building in his eyes.

"Virgil." Roman muttered softly with a sad sigh as he made his way to the living room. He just sat there on the couch trying to figure out just what exactly had happened. He didn't understand what could have triggered his attack. The problem was he felt numb. His mind was hazed and dulled as if his thoughts wouldn't come into focus. His heart felt like it was cracked and breaking down the seams. He just... He felt... dead for some reason and it broke him even more. He just didn't understand why. 

Yes, he was broken. He was depressed. He hated himself and what he did. He was heartbroken and missed Virgil. He loves Virgil and every second without him was pain but... This feeling in him amplified it to extremes and he didn't understand what was going on with him. 

"How is he?" Patton whispered softly as he walked quietly into the room. Logan sat there in the bed with this worried frown on his face, his fingers carding gently through Virgil's sweat-soaked and matted hair.

"Not good. He's running a fever and genuinely could not wake up when I tried to get him to eat earlier." Patton's heart dropped as Logan sighed as he shifted back to be able to look at him. "I'm... concerned."

"Lo-..."

"Let me talk." Logan bit his lip slightly as he clenched his fists. He was never one to talk about his feelings. Then again he never had to with Patton as the emotional man would always know what Logan felt. However, during his time in the cabin, Logan's learned that one MUST be open and honest about their emotions not only to themselves but to those he trusts. So that is what he's attempting to do. "I'm concerned. Virgil's fever is fairly elevated. His emotions I'd imagine are rampant. If he doesn't get better..."

"He will get better."

"Patton-..." Patton just smiled making Logan frown in confusion. "What makes you so sure?"

"The kiddo's strong. Besides... As childish as it is to hold on to a false hope... It's not false to believe that things with work out. It went bad because of a misunderstanding and emotional overload. If the two just talked it out then it will get better." Patton frowned as he hugged himself to try to stay strong. "It has too. Lo... They love each other."

"Love?" Patton nodded as he swallowed the pain that was rising in him. 

"Virgil admitted to being in love with Roman, which is why he's in so much pain. Roman left because he thought Virgil hated him. I know my son. I know how he feels better than even myself. Roman would not have left... he would not have been so broken by everything... if he didn't love him back."

"Pat..."

"I'm going to fix this." Logan's eyes widened as Patton took a deep breath. "Or... I'm going to try at least. Can you keep an eye on the kiddos while I'm gone?"

"Of course." Logan nodded as Patton started for the door. Logan quickly grabbed his hand stopping him as he gave a very worried and confused look to the father who faltered over the intense emotion Logan was letting out. "What are you planning?"

"I'm going to talk to Roman." Logan's eyes shined as Patton glanced over at the unconscious side shaking in bed. "He needs to know what's happening. He needs to know Virgil's not doing good. If I'm right... he'll come back but..."

"If he doesn't?" Patton's eyes darkened as he just shook his head. "If Virgil continues to get worse..."

"We'll do what we can to help Virgil and if, in the end, he fades... We'll be there with him so he doesn't go alone. There's nothing else we can do." Patton smiled sadly as he stuffed his hands into his pockets. "Besides, I have to tell Deceit."

"Just... Be careful. The dark siders don't particularly like us." Patton nodded as he slipped out of the door leaving Logan alone with Virgil. He sighed as he raked his hand through his hair. "Be safe."

Patton pulled his coat tight around him as he slipped past the border. He hugged himself close as he walked down the streets. It didn't take long for people to notice him. Many people stared as he walked past. Many people froze on the spot. Patton didn't pay them any mind. What he did pay attention to however was the fear. There was a lot of it. He couldn't help but remember what Roman had told him about the dark side and when he had walked the streets. Now he understood what the prince had meant. It was heartbreaking to see the way everything was. They were going to have to fix it all.

"Yo! Now it's this a damn surprise." Patton's face fell the instant he felt that malice. His eyes darted over to this guy who smirked at him with his arms crossed. "First the prince sets up shop here and now... The great 'morality' has joined us."

"Hello there." Patton smiled, hands clasped in front of him, as his aura flared dangerously. "Do you mind maybe stepping aside so that I may go about my business?"

"Last I check the light siders don't HAVE business her." Patton's smile dropped as he sighed realizing there was no nice way to avoid the conflict. "Why don't you just go back to where you..."

"Unless you want to end up reduced to a pile of sniffling ashes burnt up by the fiery emotions of regret and panic... I suggest you not pick a fight with the literal hub of emotions." Patton spun around beaming to see Janus standing there with a glare in his eyes. "In fact, you should return to your drunken merriment so that you can wake up with vomit all up in your hair. It's Tuesday, right? Aren't you supposed to be meeting that special man you keep hidden from your wife?"

"How do you even know about tha-..." Janus hissed as all the color drained from the man's face. "Yes, sir. Sorry, sir." He rushed off leaving Janus there with Patton as he just shook his head. 

"Morality." Patton frowned sadly as Janus glared him down. "Mind telling me why you decided to stroll down the very place that would rather see you all burn?"

"It's nice to see you too, Janus." Janus's eyes flashed as he hissed again.

"It's Deceit, Morality."

"Oh, come now, Janus. We're practically brothers..." Janus turned away and started to leave making Patton sigh as he nodded. "I know Roman's been staying with you and Remus."

"If you are here to cause any trouble..."

"I need to speak with you both." Janus faltered at Patton's serious tone. His eyes darted over only to see the pain in Patton's eyes. "It's about, Virgil."

"What happened?" Patton broke, tears slipping from his eyes, making Janus's heartbreak. "Patton, what happened to Virgil."

"Please, Janus... I need to see Roman."