13

Tommy's P.O.V
------------------------------

"Tubbo!" I repeated as I stood up from the sofa. There was a stinging sensation in my eyes as I grinned.

"Did— did you get my letter?" I asked, still with a tearful grin.

"Yeah.. I did.." He responded, rubbing the back of his neck while looking down.

He seemed hesitant to talk to me. Did he not want to? Maybe he lied on purpose to make it hurt less.

I approached him slowly and towered over him.

"Did you lie to me on purpose?" I questioned softly as the stinging sensation in my eyes from earlier began to grow.

Silence followed my question. He looked up at me after a moment.

"I didn't want to hurt you by staying in your life for too long. I'm sorry, Tommy." He muttered back, almost inaudibly.

"Is that the stress you were carrying?" The other ghost queried.

"Y-yes." Tubbo stuttered. He seemed to be breathing heavier.

The shorter ghost turned to face what seemed to be his ghost gardian.

"T-techno, I'm-I'm not feeling well." Tubbo breathlessly said.

Techno quickly parted Tubbo's hair, his expression changed from sympathetic to shocked within seconds.

"Tubbo stop lying, they're growing." Techno sternly spoke.

"I-I don't want to! I don't want to hurt him!" The brunette yelped. The pink haired ghost instructed me to take a few steps back along with Wilbur.

He looked like he was in pain, he was holding on to his head like his life depended on it. His ears seemed to be growing outwards and fuzzier.

He was hurting and I was just watching him.

"Would you rather hurt yourself?" Techno projected.

"Yes! Yes, I would!" Tubbo screeched.

I had to do something.

I stepped forward.

"Tubbo, do you miss me?" I asked.

The hurting spirit turned to face me. His hair was messy, his irises seemed to be narrowed.

He had horns of a ram goat.

"Of course I miss you! I feel bad for lying!" He called out with tears rolling down his face.

"I felt so happy when I was around you! I felt like I was going to be okay!" He cried as he gripped my shoulders.

"But I knew if I was friends with you, I would have hurt you even more.." He sobbed further.

"Why would anybody want to be friends with someone who's insane..?" He wept as he loosened his grip.

Soon, tears started rolling down my face as well.

He knelt down and covered his face, muttering words I couldn't hear.

I knelt down in front of him and gave him a sorrowful expression.

"Why would I need anyone else, when I have you?" I muttered.

The ram-like ghost looked up at me. He examined my face for awhile, still sheding tears.

He hugged me and bursted into even more tears.

He repeatedly apologised to me. All I heard was someone who needed a friend. Someone who was lonely, just like me.