15⇢worries

SAM

"Can I have a sample of the stuffed, white chocolate truffle?"

I roll my eyes as Noah asks for yet another sample, watching as his eyes feverishly look through the glass displays.

Theo, Noah, and I have taken a day for the mall. Just to get our minds off of everything for a while... and also to help me come up with an idea for my date tonight with Jamie.

But Noah saw the chocolate store and bolted. We've been here for a while.

"Noah, just pick two, and let's go," Theo groans from beside me, looking up from his phone, "We've been here for like... 45 minutes."

Noah angrily turns around, and with a mouthful of chocolate, he muffles out, "Give me a minute! I can't pick between the stuffed, white chocolate truffles and the caramel, dark chocolate turtles!"

I chuckle as Theo rolls his eyes and goes back to his phone, and I walk up beside Noah, looking at all the assortments of chocolates, my eyes going wide at the sugary goodness.

"One of these days, I'm going to murder you." I hear Theo mutter, and Noah's eyes widen considerably.

"Well, that's not at all comforting," Noah replies before looking up at the employee, "How much for a fourth-pound of each?"

At Noah's request, the employee picks out the chocolates until it weighs the right amount before looking up from the register. "$6.34."

"Dude, get half of each. I'll help you eat them," I mutter to Noah.

"Can I do half of each?" I smirk as Noah takes my offer, and the employee weighs out more chocolate.

"$9.76," she says, wrapping up the chocolates and bagging them up.

Noah quickly hands her a $10 bill before grabbing the bag of chocolate and bolting out of the store. "Come on, Theo! You're taking so long!"

I follow Noah out of the store and chuckle at his attempt to annoy Theo, but when Theo falls into step next to me, I see him laughing, too.

"Let's go get something to eat and talk about some date ideas for you and Miss Jamie," Noah perks up.

I roll my eyes but don't complain. I follow Noah and Theo into the food court of the mall. We quickly grab some burgers from the mini Dairy Queen and make our way over to a vacant table after grabbing the necessary condiments.

"So," Noah starts, but I cut him off.

"Do we have to talk about it? Can't we just eat?"

"We'll talk about it while we eat," he counters, and I sigh. "Besides, you told her today was the date's date, so yes, we have to talk about it now. You still have no idea where you're going to take her!"

"I know. I know."

Well, Jamie told me she had to pick up the money from the bank this morning after she boxes, and since it's a Sunday, we don't have any classes. Perfect day for a date.

Though, I have absolutely no idea where to take her.

"Why don't you just take her to the Statue of Liberty," Theo speaks out over a mouthful of food, "Times Square. Central Park. Empire State Building—"

"There's literally so many things you could do with her. It's New York," Noah interrupts, confirming Theo's point.

"I know, but those are all... the same — and boring," I tell them, and Noah rolls his eyes while Theo just indulges back into his burger.