Chapter 2: Home Sweet Home

Flip stood in the hotel lobby, feet glued to the floor. He saw Mandy raise the loaded gun, barrel pointed directly at him. He tried to move but was paralyzed.

Then you appeared.

His heart began racing, thrashing his body in his mind but not actually moving at all. He tried desperately to push you out of the way, to yell your name. But there was nothing but silence in the air.

The bullet left the gun in slow motion, Flip yelled again into nothing as it penetrated your skull knocking you backwards, blood spraying out and landing all over his face.

He watched in complete shock as your body collapsed to the ground, crimson red pooling all around you, lips turning blue. He could taste your blood in his mouth as he wiped it from his face, tears filling his eyes, heart shattered into a million pieces.

Looking back at Mandy, he didn't see her face anymore. He saw Robert Bridges holding the gun and smiling at Flip in victory.

*******************************

Gasping for air, Flip shot up from the bed, jolting you awake along with him. You placed your hand on his shoulder as you lifted yourself up, eyes trying focus. He was sweating like crazy and trembling.

"Hey... hey, you okay, baby?" you asked, running your fingers through his moist hair.

Chest heaving, he took a deep breath and grabbed your hand, squeezing it to ensure that you were really there and it was just a nightmare. He took a second to recall what just happened before looking over at you.

"Jesus... yeah, I-" he paused, shook his head, and swallowed. "I'm alright. Just a bad dream. I'm sorry," he raised your hand up and kissed it.

You smirked. "It's okay, you don't need to be sorry," you stroked his back. "What was it?"

There was no way Flip was going to tell you what he just witnessed in his mind. It was too traumatic and he didn't want you to relive anything.

Putting his arm around you and drawing you into his chest, he laid back down as you rested your head into the nook of his shoulder.

"It was nothing, baby," he kissed the top of your head, mind flashing back to tasting your blood in his mouth. "Just a bad dream," he stared up to the ceiling as he stroked your hair.

You fell back asleep cuddling up against him but Flip stayed awake, trying to find comfort in the fact that he was at least lying in bed next to you even if he couldn't get the rest that his mind and body needed.

A few hours later, the sun peeking through your bedroom blinds woke you up again. Flip was spooning you and placing soft kisses on the nape of your neck.

You turned over to look at him as his kisses trailed from your neck to your shoulder.