Chapter 11: Hide

TW: the first part of this chapter is the description of the kidnapping and being confined in small spaces. Jack being complicated, not sure if we hate him or trust him. Flip is, of course, distraught and mentally struggles with his alcohol addiction while also being amazing at trying to find you.

Shifting between three POV's in the chapter: Flip's, Y/N's, and Bridges.

*******************************************

You counted the number of turns and felt the shift of your body to make sense of which way Jack turned, every time he turned as you mentally visualized the road map. It became simple since you had nothing else to do besides pretend to be asleep in the trunk. Yes, the asshole placed you and Sara in the trunk of his car to shield your bodies from any curious passerby's on the road.

Right turn from the driveway, left turn onto the main road, drove for approximately ten minutes (three songs from the radio), turned slightly right and onto a high-speed interstate...

You were headed north, you knew that much.

Your wrists were bound with duct tape as were Sara's as she laid peacefully next to you. The car remained on the highway for what felt like over an hour, maybe even two, before you sensed it starting to slow and pull off the road. You counted the turns again, starting to feel a bit lightheaded from the lack of oxygen in the trunk. A part of you began to question your logic and which way you were headed now. Still north? Maybe west now? Fuck.

After a few more minutes of travel, your body rocked forward and back at the abrupt stopping of the car and your pulse picked up. You took one deep breath and closed your eyes, trying to calm yourself back into a faux slumber, telling your muscles to relax from your toes to your legs, your belly, your chest, your face...

The trunk door flew open and a rush of cool air almost made you wince by accident. It seemed Jack was taking a moment to regret his whole life as he stared down at your feeble body next to Sara's.

You fought the urge to open your eyes, at least for now, knowing that you may eventually sneak a peek at some point when he wasn't so focused on you to see where the hell you were.

You felt Jack's strong hands on your body pull you up so he could wrap his arms around you, lifting you up and out of the trunk. You remained limp against him, head bobbing and legs swaying as he carried you.

You didn't like being away from Sara, even for a moment. She was truly vulnerable in her physical state and you'd be damned if something happened to her. Jack carefully placed you down on what felt like cold concrete. He slowly pulled away and brushed the hair away from your face, making note of how sweaty you had become from your extended time in the trunk.

"Shit," he whispered. "I'm so sorry..." he said to you, but more so to himself, since he knew you couldn't hear him. Or so he thought.

You heard his footsteps leave and become more and more distant. Curled up on your side, you waited a few seconds and didn't hear or sense anyone else in the area so you gradually peeked one eye open.

It was a small warehouse or maybe a large garage. You weren't totally sure yet, but you did a quick scan, noting some dismantled cars, broken windows along the walls, and random smells in the air. It seemed like an old car repair shop.

Hearing footsteps you quickly closed your eyes again and allowed all other senses to sharpen. You felt Sara's body being placed next to yours. Trying to gauge whether or not she was beginning to wake up, it didn't seem there was any movement from her yet. A part of you became concerned that the sedative was too powerful and possibly caused death.