Chapter 10: Last Words

TW:  kidnapping and mention of forced sedation against your will. HOLD ONTO YOUR HATS!

*******************************************

Flip's phone woke him up from a dead sleep as he peeked one eye open to see who was calling at such an early hour. 

"Yeah?"

"Hey, man," Hopper's voice was on the other end.

Flip cleared his throat. "Hey.."

He moved to sit at the edge of the bed, head feeling heavy and fuzzy from the night before. Pieces of what happened started to come together as he let out a large yawn.

"Someone would like to say 'hello'..." Hopper said, shuffling the phone around as Flip waited for whomever.

He squinted, looking over his shoulder to see you still asleep. He recalled how you both had some pretty scandalous sex last night, having called Jack to listen in on the tryst. 

"You can't rid of me, boy. I'm still here."

The refreshing sound of Ron's voice caused Flip's breath to catch in his chest.

"You fucker..." Flip chuckled from relief. "Jesus Christ, man, how the hell are ya?"

Ron made a deep groan, shifting in his hospital bed to sit up straighter.

"I would love to know the answer to that question. Waitin' on the doc to come see me. Guess I've been out for a day or so." he replied. "I woke up to a fine ass nurse giving me a sponge bath so all in all, life ain't too bad."

Flip smirked, shaking his head. "I heard it was a seizure?" he said, walking out of the bedroom and into the bathroom to urinate. The sounds of liquid flowing echoed loudly in the room.

"The hell, man, you taking a leak while you're on the phone? Real classy."

Flip snickered at his disgust. "Don't listen, then."

Ron scoffed. "Anyway... yeah, I guess. Never had a seizure before now. I don't even remember what happened or how it happened. It's crazy."

Flip had a flashback to when Mandy drugged him, having felt the same way and it sent a cold chill through him. He considered the same approach may have been taken on Ron, but in an effort to overdose him, triggering a seizure in the process.

Ron started whistling to himself when he saw another cute nurse bring in his breakfast and place the tray in front of him with a kind smile.

"Well, well, well... it ain't the bingo hall but I gotta say, I'm enjoying myself," he said to Flip.

"C'mon, don't be a creepy patient. Nurses put up with too much bullshit as it is."

"Worry about you. I'll worry about me." Ron said, taking a bite of fresh fruit, giving the nurse a wink as she walked out.

Flip smirked again at him. "Mhm. Well, I'm glad you're okay. Let me know if you need anything. But don't expect flowers since you never brought me any."

Ron hummed while taking a sip of his apple juice. "Maybe I'll come pay y'all a visit. I could use a change of scenery for a bit. Take some time off. Relax."

"For sure. Doors always open."

You turned over in bed, hearing the muffled voice of Flip in the other room. Checking your phone, you noted the time of 6:30AM then immediately noticed you had a missed text.

From Jack...

You sat up, halting your breath in your chest and striving to wake up your mind in preparation for whatever he sent.