boba

Megumi's POV

I sat curled up in Yuuji's lap for what felt like over an hour. I couldn't stop my head from spinning in circles as I tried to sort through all of tonight's events. I wondered whether or not we should tell Gojo Sensei about this, and what he would think. What would they do to Yuuji if they found out he was losing control? I couldn't bear the thought of them moving up his execution date or keeping him locked up somewhere. I decided that for now, this would stay between us.

"You shouldn't stay here tonight," Yuuji's soft voice finally broke our silence and pulled me out of my storm of thoughts. As much as I wanted to disagree with him, he was probably right. Neither of us can predict when Sukuna will take over again.

"I know," I breathed quietly, looking up at him, "just five more minutes, then I'll go".

"Okay, five more minutes," he agreed, the two of us curled up in silence for a little bit longer.

I watched the bright numbers change on his digital clock, but the minutes felt like seconds. Eventually, we forced ourselves out of bed and Yuuji walked me down the hall to my room. We stopped just outside my door, Yuuji leaning down and placing a gentle kiss on my forehead.

I made sure to lock my door that night. Not that a lock would inhibit Sukuna in any way, but it helped me sleep a little bit better.

*****

a couple weeks later

Yuuji truly is the sun, always at the center of attention with everyone else's lives rotating around his. We had just finished up our morning training and were sitting in a park with Nobara, Maki, and Toge. He told stories and jokes and made everyone laugh so easily. I admire him for that; being personable isn't one of my strong suits.

He's also been able to maintain control for a couple weeks now. Sukuna hasn't tried to make any appearances and things have slowly gotten easier since he attacked me.

Things started to calm down and eventually fell quiet before Maki spoke up, "So, I heard a rumor that Megumi's been spending the night in Yuuji's room, isn't that right, Toge?"

"Salmon," Toge agreed, raising an eyebrow.

I shot Nobara a heavy glance, anxiety filling my chest, "I wonder who started that rumor". She just shrugged her shoulders, a small smile prying at her lips.

I felt Yuuji's strong arms wrap around my shoulders, "Yep, almost every night. Why?" He used the most nonchalant tone of voice.  He's so upfront about everything.

Maki laughed, "Are you guys dating now? You two are polar opposites, but I suppose maybe you balance each other out".

"Yeah, something like that," Yuuji laughed with her, using his arm to pull me closer to his side.

"Ita-Fushi! Ita-Fushi!" Nobara started chanting, pumping her fists in the air. Everybody started laughing and I felt every anxiety I had melt away. I thought telling our friends about us would be weird or uncomfortable, but they made it feel so easy.

*****

later that day

"What flavor are you guys gonna get?" Nobara questioned, looking up at the colorful boba tea poster.

"Taro," I pointed to the light purple drink, "It's my favorite".

"Ohhh," she mused, "that's looks good. Yuuji?"

"Strawberry!" He cheered excitedly, "What are you gonna get?"

"I always get mango. It's the best flavor, no discussion," she insisted, sticking her nose in the air.

No way mango is better than taro, but I'm not arguing over drinks.

We all ordered and a few minutes later the barista handed us our milk tea. We found a small round table in the corner of the boba shop where we all sat down.

"Seriously though... I'm actually... so happy for you guys," Nobara said, chewing boba pearls between words, "You make him slightly less miserable, Yuuji," she glanced over at me.

I grimaced, "I'm not miserable".

"You absolutely are the most miserable person I've ever met," Nobara laughed, "in the best way possible though".

"What does that even mean?" I narrowed my eyes at her.

"It means like...," she thought for a moment, "if Yuuji is the color yellow, you are definitely the color black. But that's okay because even though it's kind of depressing, black is still a cool color".

"Did you just call me depressing?" She was starting to offend me now.

"No- well... maybe?" She took a sip of her milk tea, "All love though, I wouldn't trade you for anything".

I heard Itadori chuckling next to me, so I turned my steel gaze to him, "Is this funny to you?"

"Yes," he giggled, "but I love who you are, so don't try to change yourself because Nobara called you the color black".

LOVE?

I couldn't stop my checks from turning bright red. Why did he use that word?

"He's embarrassed! I guess the cold hearted man does have feelings," Nobara reached out to pinch my cheek.

"I hate both of you," I rolled my eyes, turning away and focusing on my drink.

But I don't hate them. I actually don't think I could survive without them, even if they do tease me like
this all the time.

I just hope that things can stay normal like this for a while.

**********

hello again!

first things first i hope u like this little chapter that i wrote just for fun. also enjoy the happy characters bc next chapter is looking pretty heavy lol.

also i just wanted to say thank u to anyone who left a comment on the authors note i posted a few days ago. u guys are so sweet and ur comments really helped to re-inspire me :). im really happy that people enjoy this story and i hope u all continue to enjoy it 🥺❤️ ily

artist credit: @ jjhmk07 on twitter!!

<3 silver