Special Chapter lll

"Waffles!"

"With strawberry syrup, Mawmmy!"

A smile instantly blossomed in my lips when I heard our kids cheering. I couldn't be more excited whenever mornings arrive because I would be able to bond with them during breakfast. Seeing Dreya in her pink apron while preparing breakfast for us while our offsprings are in front of her, cheering about their preferred flavor of waffles is something I would never trade in this world.

It's priceless.

But this morning should be more special than the usuals.

"Good morning!" I greeted as soon as I entered the dining room.

Mabilis na naglingunan sa akin ang mga bata. Daniella's eyes glittered when she saw me and even jumped off her chair to run towards me.

"Daddy!" she called out, a wide smile was on her lips.

Her arms are wide open and I immediately lifted her up as soon as I got her. Her cute giggles filled the whole dining area.

"Goodmorning, princess. How's sleep? Monsters under your bed again?"

Bahagya kong idinistansya ang mukha sa kaniya. Hooking her little arms around my neck, she glanced at me and blinked her round eyes that she got from her Momma.

Sa tatlong anak namin ni Dreya, si Daniella lang ang nakakuha ng pisikal na itsura niya. Our daughter got everything from her except her tan complexion. She's white as dove. Sayang nga at hindi pa siya naging morena. Gusto ko sana na kuhang-kuha niya sa mama niya ang lahat. I really want to see our own little Dreya.

"No more, Daddy. Kuya Dustine made sure that he would watch over me as I sleep."

I looked at Dustine, he shrugged his shoulders and smirked at me. I know for sure that among the three, he's the one who got my attitude — cold.

I glanced back at Daniela and she's clinging like a kitten on my neck. I kissed her cheek and that earned soft giggles from her again.

"That's good. Atleast now I know that my princess is gonna have a comfortable sleep every night."

"Thanks to Kuya, Dawddy!"

I smiled at her before walking towards the table. Ibinaba ko si Daniella sa upuan at tinulungan siyang makaupo. She's already five years old but she's really careless most of the times.

"Morning, Dad." it's Dustine and Dice who greeted me in chorus.

"Morning, boys."

My eyes darted to Dreya. She smiled at me. There was always something about the way she smiles; the way butterflies seemed to escape from the pit of my stomach and the way the sun had somehow toppled down from the sky and made a home right there in my heart. She had the kind of smile that made me feel happy to be alive.

Walang umaga na lumilipas ang hindi ako nagpapasalamat dahil siya ang ibinigay sa akin ng langit na makasama habang nabubuhay ako. Na sa bawat umagang gumigising ako, ang maganda niyang mukha ang namumulatan ko.

Mula sa likuran niya, yumakap ako sa kaniyang bewang at isiniksik ang mukha sa leeg niya.

"Good morning, wife."

She giggled. "Good morning, Dash. Maupo ka na at kakain na tayo."

Agad akong natigilan, hindi nakaapuhap ng magiging reaksyon.

That's it? She's not going to greet me for it's my birthday today?

Uh, maybe her mind is a bit occupied given that it's too early. She's always busy during mornings. She prepared foods for us and the kids. Can you imagine me having a lunch box at my age? Kung noon ay palagi akong kumakain sa labas, simula ng maging asawa ko siya ay nasa opisina nalang ako palagi at inuubos ang mga pagkaing inihanda niya. I can't go home having some left overs. Ayaw niyang nagsasayang ako ng pagkain.