Epilogue l

Epilogue Part l

I stepped into the ground, beautiful flowers of Celosia are around me. I slid my hands inside my slacks' pockets and looked into the blue sky. The sun fills the sky with its brilliance and a warm glow like it's aware of what's about to happen today. I smiled and inhaled for a little longer, filling my lungs with fresh air as I closed my eyes.

Finally, the moment I've been waiting to happen is now here. Within just a few hours, I'll be marrying the woman who brought the best in me. The woman I'll surely regret losing.

Dreya's pretty face suddenly popped in my head that made me unlock my eyes. The memories of the way we started suddenly crashed into my mind like the waves hitting the shore.

"I heard that you'll be leaving for Cebu. Ikaw ang mamamahala ng palayan n'yo doon?" tanong ng pinsan kong si Zadriel.

Tinungga ko ang natirang alak sa babasaging baso at ipinatong ito sa marmol na lamesa. I pursed my lips as the bitter taste of alcohol split down my stomach making it feel like burning.

Isinandal ko ang likod sa couch bago idinipa ang mga braso sa sandalan. I saw a group of women looking at my direction - their lips moving as if they're talking about me. The woman in her pink skimpy dress smiled seductively at me. I sighed. Imbes na sagutin siya ng ngiti at bigyan ng pag-asa na interesado ako sa kanya, ipinikit ko na lang ang aking mga mata bago isinandal ang batok sa head rest.

"Yes. Probably next week." sagot ko sa kanya.

"I see. Buti at napapayag ka ni Tito Dan? We all know how you love your life here."

"I have no choice. Mas kailangan siya dito sa Maynila."

Zadriel chuckled. "That's bad. Women in province are kinda boring because of their primitive thoughts. Maybe you can just bring someone with you."

I slightly unlocked my eyes to look at him, my brows knitted in confusion.

"Why would I?"

He smirked. "To entertain you, asshole. Don't tell me you're planning to celibate?"

"Tss. I don't need that. Huwag mo akong igaya sa'yo na hindi mapakali kapag walang babae."

Humagalpak siya ng tawa. Ibinalik ko ang mga mata mula sa pagkakapikit. I feel a bit exhausted from today's several meetings. Hindi naman ako nagrereklamo. I am actually enjoying my job. I know that I was born for this and I have no choice but to enjoy and put my heart on it.

But unlike this motherfucker in front of me, I can enjoy my life without playing with women too much. I already have my fair share of fire and I intend not to make it as my hobby.

"Is it my fault that I have an active sex life?"

"Sex life, huh? You mean Tate Follosco then? What is she? A hook up?"

Hindi siya kaagad sumagot dahilan para bahagya akong magmulat ulit ng mga mata. I saw him looking into somewhere else but he seems like he's currently in deep thoughts. He turned his head and caught me looking lazily at him. He smirked.

"She was. Not anymore, Dash."

Tumaas ang kilay ko. "You serious with her?"

Maybe he is. Si Tate palagi ang bukang bibig niya kapag magkasama kami. I can't blame her. Tate Follosco is a wild goddess. She's also powerful for she's the daughter of the respected Flavian and Trinity Follosco. And just like Zadriel, I think they have the same attitude. They're both wild - the least character I want when it comes to women. I prefer the modest and innocent one.

"I am..." Zadriel muttered as he leaned his nape against the couch, too. He sighed and shut his eyes close. "I really like her."

Napailing na lang ako. I have no say against Tate because she's obviously a woman who's fun to be with. But Zadriel is still with his girlfriend Dianara. I just think that it will create a problem between them.