chapter twenty one

josie let her hand drop and let out a sigh.

only 3/10 of the bottles were broken.

"this shit is so stupid."

she heard a gasp from behind her, "princess! yknow its not very ladylike to swear?" josie looked behind her to see patrick with the same fucking smirk on his face that she just wanted to punch off.

every time josie had gone to the dump, there was patrick, sitting in his fucking chair and waiting for her to practice.

she had thought about finding a new place, the dump was huge so there was multiple places for her to practice. but after 15 minutes he already found her again, so she opted to staying in her spot.

"shut it!" she barked, a scowl prominent on her face.

he held up his hands in a surrender and josie turned back to the car, where now 7 bottles sat.

she took a deep breathe and held up her gun, closing one eye so she could see better and shot.

she missed.

she fucking missed.

"FUCK!" josie chucked the gun at the car. every shot she misses is the longer she has to be here, and the longer she has to be here the longer she has to stay with her dad and let the old fuck do what he pleased with her.

she was at this for about two and a half months now so why the fuck wasn't she getting better?

patrick had perked up from her outburst, watching as josie went around kicking random junk while yelling an impressive amount of curses.

once she seemed to assault everything in sight, she stopped and took a deep breathe.

she needed to calm down.

slow clapping had reminded josie that patrick was still here, and witnessed her tantrum.

"wow. truly astonishing. very inspirational."

"oh fuck off!" she fumed as patrick dodged the empty can she thrown at him.

patrick laughed but held up his hands in defense, "hey im not judging!"

josie huffed and sat down, her breathing staggered as she attempted to calm herself down.

it was eerily quiet, and josie somehow felt like she needed to explain herself.

"i was doing better when i first started then now."

patrick didn't respond for a while, and josie thought he was just going to keep silent, until he finally opened his mouth.

"well what were you doing differently then from what you're doing now?"

josie was about to tell him to shut up, but thought against it.

what was she doing differently?

the only thing she could think of was she pictured her father the first time she tried, but she had stopped that a while ago since it always got her too worked up.

josie realised she needed to answer him, and decided to be honest for once, "i don't want to tell you."

patrick shrugged, "you dont have to. just try doing that again."

josie didnt move for a bit, before eventually getting up.

just picture its her dad in front of the gun and not a random bottle.

his graying hair he hid with brown dye, his beard which he shaved everyday, yet still by night time he was already prickly.

but she knew it wasnt him that she needed to think of, it was his actions.