chapter one

greta keene was walking home from school, dreadful, with her backpack weighing down on her shoulders. she had to remind herself she only had a couple more months to go.

she was about to cross the street when she heard people in front of her having a screaming contest.

"i never wanted to fucking move here!"

"ted, i am trying my fucking best! try to not be such a brat for once!"

"try removing that stick up your ass for once!" greta heard a door slam.

she didn't mean to eavesdrop she swears, but in small-town derry, that was basically a wwe fight happening right in front of her.

the man that stuck around in the fight turned around, seemed to spot her, and offered her a smile. "hey! my apologies about the commotion, sorry if we were making too much noise. my brother isn't overly happy about our new living arrangements," he chuckled.

now greta wasn't a slut like marsh, but the man in front of her was too attractive to not suck in her stomach a bit and stick out her chest, offering him her biggest smile as she walked over.

"it's no problem! did you guys just move here?"

"yeah! my siblings and i just came from los angeles," greta was taken aback, no one moves to derry without a reason, especially from los fucking angeles.

"such a big change! what made you choose little ol' derry?" she internally groaned, 'little ol'?' what was she? seven?

he seemed to like it though as he grinned, "it's quiet, that's something we need," he seemed to notice her backpack, "do you go to derry high school?"

greta nodded, "yup!" popping the p,

"great! my siblings theodore and eveline are going there sometime within the next week, once we settle in," greta smiled, a bit disappointed he wasn't in school and therefore overaged, but if his looks were anything to go by, his siblings must be smoking too,

"that's so cool! maybe i can help them out a bit? y'know, be a bit of a guide?" the man instantly grinned.

"eveline, honey! can you and ted come out here?" there was a quiet 'yes' yelled back before the man turned back to greta, seeming to remember something, "where are my manners? my name's stephen, stephen payne," he reached out to shake her hand, which greta happily returned.

"greta keene" she flashed him her best smile once again, before they both looked at the house, hearing the door open, stephen turning fully around.

"eveline!" he called, before frowning, "where's theodore?"

the girl giggled, "you know he hates when you call him that, stevie,"

stephan smiled, "and i hate," he picked the girl up, throwing her over his shoulder while tickling her sides, "when you call me stevie!"

the girl screamed, laughing and hyperventilating a bit. "stephen! put-put me down!"

when he noticed greta staring a bit, clearing his throat and setting his sister down, which gave greta a better look at her.

woah.

greta wasn't a dyke, she was very attracted to men, and men only, but the girl in front of her was stunning. she had fair, soft skin with a few freckles sprawled across her face, with the biggest, brownest eyes ever, her soft, pale blonde hair held back by a braided crown.

greta half wanted to punch her out of jealousy and half wanted to hug her out of protectiveness. she had this innocent look on lock.

"but seriously, where's theodore?" stephen's voice snapped greta out of her daydreaming

"i asked ted to come but he was grumpy," the girl leaned forward as if she was telling a secret. "he told me to bad word myself," greta would've laughed if it wasn't a possibility of hurting the girl's feelings.

stephen sighed before turning back to greta, "well you'll have to meet theodore another day, this is eveline, she's a little freshman whereas jason dean over there is a sophomore," greta's eyes lit up.

"im a freshman too!" if she got on the good side of this girl, she could make her way up the social train, eveline was almost impossible to not love.

"really? wow, that's so cool! do you want to be friends?" greta never been asked that before, yes she had friends but she just made them, she never actually had to or gotten asked to be friends, but it suited the girl so she didn't reject her, or call her names, quite the opposite, she just smiled.

"of course, maybe i can walk you and your brother to school tomorrow?"