chapter eight

she and the boys were hanging out at the dump, eveline was at first a bit confused, it didn't seem like much, but she soon understood. it was quiet, and they were unbothered.

victor had to search for another chair but he eventually found one, which eveline was thankful for, she might like the quietness but she wasn't overly excited about sitting on a dump's ground.

"so where'd you say you guys moved from?" henry asked once they all were relaxed.

"los angeles," ted answered, shuffling a bit to grab his cigarettes and lighting one.

victor raised his eyebrow, "los angeles? isn't that place like, awesome?" belch nodded.

"yeah, why'd you move from los fucking angeles to shit-filled derry?" ted shrugged, taking a deep inhale of his cigarette.

the gang nodded and didn't question any further, taking out their own cigarettes.

eveline sat awkwardly as the boys smoked, something henry seemed to notice as he laughed and held his pack towards the girl, "want one?"

"no."

"no."

everyone stared at patrick, they expected ted's answer but patrick hadn't even said a word to her.

he seemed to notice that his behaviour was odd and smirked, "wouldn't want to ruin dollfaces pretty little lungs," ted's eyes narrowed.

"watch it hockstetter." patrick's smirk grew at his threat as eveline giggled.

"i don't think patrick meant any harm teddy, but no henry, im ok. thank you though!" henry grinned but accepted the girl's answer, she was sweet. a bit too sweet to be hanging around them.

"you told stevie we wouldn't be home, right teddy?"

ted grinned, "nope."

eveline gasped, "he'll be worried sick! we have to tell him!"

"and how do you expect me to tell him from here, evie?" eveline opened her mouth but nothing came out,

"i can quickly take her home then bring her back," patrick took another drag from his cigarette, smirking again.

"what? no fucking way!" ted had barely been here but he knew that patrick was fucking insane, for all he knew he was planning on murdering evie!

"aww, why not payne?" ted glared at patrick.

"please teddy? i don't want stevie to get worried!" eveline begged her brother, giving him her best puppy dog eyes,

"patrick won't hurt her, will ya patty?" henry grinned at patrick, knowing his hatred for the name and that he couldn't hurt him at this moment since he was trying to prove he wasn't an asshole with a short temper.

patrick grit his teeth but nodded, "of course not!

ted huffed, "ill give you 30 minutes, if she comes back with even a hair out of place ill fucking kill you jackass," eveline clapped her hands and stood up, grabbing patrick's hand and dragging him towards where the truck was parked, who gladly followed and saluted at ted,

"c'mon patty!" patrick laughed at the girl, both of them soon out of sight for the boys.

henry narrowed his eyes, patrick seemed unbothered, one may even say happy when eveline called him patty.

the patrick he knew would've ripped someone's head off if they did any one of the things eveline did.

he didn't trust it, not at all, but he wasn't going to do anything yet, just keep a closer look at things.