-4-

Sykkuno's Pov

I wake up to a steering pain in my chest, I cover my mouth and coughed into it. It's hurts so much, it feels like my throat was being burned internally, my chest was tight and uncomfortable. I looked at the palm and I saw petals, the petals of a flower, along with blood.

'What's going on?? Where'd these petals come from??' I was in shock, my head filled with questions. I shook my head and stood up from my bed, I went to my bathroom and washed off the blood and petals, Bimbus quietly following me. "I should probably keep this a secret from my friends for now, I don't want them to worry about me."
I filled Bimbus's bowl with food before getting ready for school, I was still confused about the whole situation, but I paid no mind to it.
I put on my shoes and pat Bimbus before locking my door and leaving.

Even though I was walking through my favourite path to the stop, I couldn't ignore the burning sensation in my throat and difficulty taking in air. I scratched the back of my head, 'what should I do?? I can't tell anybody yet since I don't want to worry them, especially Toast.' I was so lost in thought that I didn't notice Rae shouting at me until she grabbed my wrist. "Sykkuno? Hurry up, our bus is here!" Rae dragged me onto the bus as I try to keep up with her pace, we both went to the usual spot on the bus with Toast already there. "Sykkuno you seem really out of it today, are you still not fully awake?" Toast looked at me worried after she said that. "Yeah, I uh- slept a little late yesterday because Bimbus was barking a lot." They looked unconvinced at my excuse, maybe it's because that was lie. Before any of them said something, I notice corpse walk into the bus, I try to draw attention to him instead. I waved at him and signalled him to sit with us, he saw me and proceeded to seat next to me. "Morning Corpse." I greeted him, he had dark circles around his eyes that you could only notice when you were up close. "Morning Sykkuno,  Rae and Toast." His voice sounded deeper than usual, maybe that was his morning voice. "Your voice never fails to amaze me, Corpse!" Rae laughed a little. "Yeah, I'm not exactly a morning person." Corpse rubbed his left eye. "Sykkuno, you sure you're okay?" It seems that I didn't manage to distract Toast. "Y-Yeah uhm, I'm just really tired from last night." I'm sure he wasn't convinced but he dropped it. Corpse looked at me for a while before looking out the window.

Throughout the bus ride, I had small coughs that I suppressed, but it kept itching my throat afterwards, it kinda built up, it's almost impossible to resist it now. It was a miracle I managed to keep my coughs from spilling blood on my scarf, but my throat was internally hurting at this point. Once I placed my supplies down, I excused myself to the toilet so I could cough out the blood. I swear I ran faster than that time I was late for classes.

Upon entering the toilet, all the blood spat out of my mouth along as some petals. My throat hurts so bad, I could feel the tears in my eyes. I wipe them away and cleaned myself up, I hurriedly walked back to class, Everyone will start worrying soon if I don't go back now. I sat back down on my seat, trying to ignore the pain my throat. I laid my head on my table, cradling my head while trying to think of something. Corpse. His voice, it soothes me. I tried to visualize his voice inside my head, surprisingly, it helped my pain, even if it was just a bit. The teacher came into the room and lessons began.

Toast's Pov

Sykkuno clearly isn't okay, his scarf was noticeably higher above his mouth than usual, his voice sounded slightly raspy, but his voice was always smooth. On the bus he had some quiet coughs, it was muffled but I could hear it. Is he possibly sick?

Maybe it was sore throat, tomorrow's a Saturday, which means Rae is going to Sykkuno's house for tutoring, I'm gonna get her to dig out information for me.

As I headed down with Rae, I brought up my worries to her. "Rae, I'm sure you've noticed that Sykkuno is slightly sick today right?" Rae looked at me with slight nervousness. "I have, he's usually really healthy, it's unusual to hear him cough a lot." I stood silent for a moment. "I need you to get information for me when you are being tutored by him tomorrow." Rae nodded her head at me.

Sykkuno and Corpse were already at the table, giggling and laughing, it's nice to see Sykkuno getting along with Corpse. I got my food and sat down with them, Rae joined us right after. Sykkuno would occasionally put his hand on his chest, or pull his scarf more often. This is worrying. I wrote down these things that I saw, it would probably help in the long run after all. Sykkuno excused himself yet again to go to the toilet, he sure loves the toilet today.

The bell soon rang after Sykkuno came back, we got ready to leave and headed to our next lesson.

Corpse's Pov

I strolled out of school, slumping my back a bit before stretching and continuing my walk home. I saw Sykkuno up ahead of me, I dashed towards him and walked beside him. "Hey Sykkuno, wanna walk together again?" Sykkuno looked up at me and smiled. "S-Sure Corpse!" I smiled back and we strolled along the walkway.

"Oh! Before I forget, can I have your number, I forgot to ask Rae and Toast so maybe you could give me theirs later." I gave Sykkuno my phone to write his number in. "I'm free to talk whenever Corpse, Except really late at night hehe-" He rubbed the back of his head a little, I laughed at his awkwardness. Sykkuno smiled and laughed with me.

I went home after Sykkuno had gone into his house, I loved his presence, it was always so lively and positive, Sykkuno was an amazing friend to have, and I really hope we can get closer together as friends. I went into my house, Doing my normal afternoon routine, Feeding Bingus and then taking a shower.

As expected, I couldn't sleep at all, I would have to wait a few more hours until my body finally lets me take a break, medical issues are hard to live with.

I scrolled through my phone, post after post, it quickly became mundane. 'Ughh, why can't my sleep schedule improve.' Bingus laid beside me, licking himself. Suddenly, I had an idea. I sent a text to Sykkuno and waited. It was only 12am, surely he's awake.

------

I wanted to post more today but I had to run errands jsjsjsmdnn AAAAAA

If it wasn't already obvious, then I'll let you all see my subtle hints hhh

-author

(1214 words)