-10-

Sykkuno's Pov

It was still pretty early, there was still lots of time until school started. Me and Corpse woke up not long ago, it's around 6am. Bingus and Bimbus were sleeping next to each other, Corpse took a bunch of pictures of them, so did I. They were so adorable! They were literally best friends the moment they met! It was too pure for me.

"Corpse, we should get ready for school soon." Corpse nodded, standing up. I hummed, I need to ask Rae for help later. Corpse grabbed his black hoodie and ripped jeans, he then went to the bathroom to change. I observed Bingus and Bimbus, smiling contently.
I pat both of their heads, they were adorable, Bingus purred and rubbed against my head, Bimbus barked softly.

Corpse walked out of the bathroom, he looked so dreamy and amazing, I stared a little. "Uh.. is there something wrong with my outfit Sy?" He rubbed the back for his head, eyes avoiding contact with mine. I realized I was staring at him, I shook my head rapidly in embarrassment. "No no! I was just s-spacing out!" Corpse smiled,  before sitting down on the bed. I grabbed my clothes and walked into my bathroom.

Putting on my clothes, I mentally slapped myself. 'you just embarrassed yourself Infront of Corpse, nice going.'
I suddenly felt the urge to cough, I went Infront of my sink, getting ready to throw up petals. Petals soon fell out of my mouth, blood spilling onto the sink. I was getting slightly used to throwing up, just not the pain. I cleaned myself up and the sink, my throat felt extra sore and dry today, not sure why. I went out of the bathroom. "You alright Sykkuno?" Corpse asked me with concern. "It sounded worse today." I nodded my head, hiding my blush with my hand. "Yeah, I'm fine Corpse!" It was audible that my voice was slightly raspy from the coughing. "I'll get you some water Syk. Rest a while." I looked at him surprised, unable to say anything. Corpse left my room, I was a blushing mess, I covered my face with both of my hands, screaming internally.

I fed Bimbus before heading out with Corpse, he had already brought Bingus home, we just had to walk to the bus stop now. It was a peaceful walk, except I was nervous the whole time. "Have you found out who you like yet Syk? You need to confess to cure your disease right?" I nodded slightly. "I found out already, I-I'm probably gonna confess today. I hope they feel the same, it need to be genuine to cure me anyways haha." I laughed awkwardly. Rae waved at us, the bus wasn't here yet and she was the only one there. "Hey Rae!" I greeted her. "Oh hoho~ what's going on here? Walking together? That's odd." She had a smirk on her face, my face heated up. "R-Rae we're just friends!" Corpse looked so confused. "I didn't say anything~." Rae laughed, I felt even more embarrassed now.

Thankfully the bus came, otherwise I wouldn't be able to explain everything to Corpse. We sat with Toast at the back like usual, we had our usual conversations. Toast managed to notice how nervous I was though. "Sykkuno, you seem extra red today." I tried to play it off. "W-What do you mean Toast? I don't know what you're talking about!" Toast raised his brow. "Is that so." I hid my face behind my scarf. This day can't get any worse.

"ALRIGHT! Now that we are both alone in class, let's get this ship going. How about we start we that letter." I looked at Rae, she sure was enthusiastic about this, what does she mean by ship tho. "So the normal confession is to just go up to your crush and confess! But we aren't normal so we're making this romantic. Lets write the letter to invite him to a place, which is where you confess. Make sure to mention that you'll meet him after school!" I wrote on the small, blank piece of paper, I wanted to display how genuine and serious I was with the words in writing. "Do you have any suggestions for a place to confess?" I thought to myself intently. I suddenly had an idea. "W-What about the school garden? No one other than me goes there, and it's really beautiful!" I said with excitement in my voice. "That's a pretty good idea Sykkuno! Garden it is  then!" I finished writing the last few parts of the letter. "Remember to leave it anonymous! We have to make him surprised!" I hope this goes well.

During lunch, I placed the letter inside his locker before meeting with the group, I started overthinking, what if he doesn't see the letter? What if he rejects me? What if he won't be my friend anymore after that? I couldn't think straight.

School soon ended, I breathed in and out repeatedly, trying to calm myself down. Rae gave me a pat on my back and smiled. "You've got this Sykkuno!!" I smiled back, Great to have a friend like her. "Let me know what happens! I'll be waiting at home for the outcome!" I nodded before going to the garden.

Corpse's Pov

I went to my locker to put some of my books inside, there was a plain white envelope, Odd. I opened it up, it read. 'meet me at the school garden after school, I'll be waiting.' the handwriting was familiar but I couldn't wrap my head around it.

I was supposed to be meeting Sykkuno but he might have to wait. Sorry Sy. I put the letter back into the envelope and put it in my pocket, I began to run to the garden.

The sky was a warm gradient, I could sense I was close to the garden, the smell of fresh flowers was faint but noticeable. In the garden was the colourful variations of flowers, it was amazing, though I wouldn't have found this place without Sykkuno showing me this on my first day.

I saw a person standing in there, might be the person who wrote that letter, though they look familiar. I noticed the green scarf of the person, I knew all too well who the scarf belongs too. Could it be..? I slowly walk up to the person, they seemed to be nervous, they didn't notice me either. It became more obvious who they were. Sykkuno.

I tapped his shoulder, he jumped and whipped his head around. His face was red, his hand pulled his scarf to his nose level. Honestly it was kinda cute, wonder what he's gonna do.

"Sykkuno? Did you write that letter in my locker?" There was a small pause before spoke up. "I-I uh.."he was stuttering a lot, I've never heard him stutter so much in my life. "Corpse, I wanted to tell you something." We were both standing up, Sykkuno looked up at me, I waited for his next response. "I-I.. I've developed romantic feelings for you, I never noticed it until recently. I-I don't know how to express this to you but, every time I'm around you, I get all tense, I feel so light and happy around you. This is probably really sudden but I have to tell you, I want my Hanahaki to be cured soon too." I was shocked, did he just say all that?

I processed for a while, each moment Sykkuno seemed to grow more anxious.

"I.. "

------

HAHA CLIFFHANGER EVEN THO I GOT WRITER BLOCKED FOR SO LONG

This is the moment you've all been waiting for! I think everyone knows how this will end 😏 atleast thats what most will think in my opinion, it's quite obvious isn't it?

ANYWAYS CLIFFHANGER

-author

(1316 words)