-5-

Sykkuno's Pov

It was nearing midnight, I stood Infront of my bathroom sink, throwing up petal after petal, blood kept dripping from my mouth. I've been trying to sleep since 10, but instead, I'm in pain, throat burning worse than before. I manage to get a break from all the coughing, I sat down on the cold bathroom floor, desperately gasping for air. I eventually regain my strength to walk back to my room, Bimbus waiting for me on my bed.

I heard my phone notifications go off, it was a text from Corpse, seems like he wasn't sleeping very early either.
'Hey Sykkuno, You awake?' the message read. I picked up my phone and came up with a reply. 'Yup, I don't think I'll be able to sleep at the moment, why are you still awake Corpse?' it wasn't long after that text that I received a reply from him. 'i have trouble sleeping everyday, so this is routine, sometimes it's worse.'
I feel a little bad for him, he has problems sleeping everyday, I can't imagine how that's like since I sleep so easily. 'That sounds really hard to cope with, I hope you'll get better.'
I start to cough a bit again, but it's because my throat is itching. 'I'll manage, do you wanna play some games in the meantime? something like Among Us maybe?' I giggled before replying back, smiling to myself. 'Sure! :D'

We joined a random server and played together, I was really impressed with his imposter plays, they were all really entertaining and skilled. We got paired up in one round, I followed Corpse around and did a bunch of double kills with him, we had won that round before any meeting was called, I had lots of fun playing with him. Time flew by quickly, it was already 2 in the morning by then. 'I had lots of fun playing with you, I'll go rest now, thanks for accompanying me Syk :)'
Coughing a little, I replied. 'I had fun too! Get lots of rest Corpse! :D' I placed my phone on my table before laying down with Bimbus, I shut my eyes closed and slowly drifted away into a deep slumber.

My eyes fluttered open as rays of light seeped into my room, the sound of birds chirping outside, my eyes adjusted to the sudden brightness as I sat up, rubbing my eyes before stretching. My phone lit up as I saw Rae's Text. 'Hey Sykkuno, I'm heading over to your house in a bit, better get ready soon :D !' I looked over to the clock on my wall, 9 56am. Rae had sent that text at 9 30am, better get ready to tutor her today. I put on a normal outfit and fixed my hair before preparing some toast for me to eat.

'Morning Syk. :))' Corpse had sent me a text. 'Morning Corpse! :)' I smiled, feeling heat travel onto my face. 'Wanna play sometime again? Whenever you're free.' I instantly replied. 'I'm tutoring Rae in a bit, maybe tonight again?' Soon after, Corpse replied. 'Sure :).'

Rae knocked on my door which surprised me a lot, I ran to answer the door. I unlocked my door for Rae to enter, she took of her shoes and Bimbus ran up to her with his tongue sticking out. "You're looking as cute as ever Bimbus!" She leaned down to pet him. I rubbed the back of my head before leading her to the living room.
She placed her small bag down and we began our long session.

It'd been a good while since we started, I felt my chest pain come on, the ache slowly getting more and more intense each second I tried to suppress it, small coughs started escaping my mouth. I placed my hand on my chest and gripped my shirt slightly, it hurts. "R-Rae, I'll be back in a second, I need to use the bathroom."
She looked confused and slightly worried but she let me go and I dashed to my bathroom.

Valkyrae's Pov

It started again, Sykkuno's coughing and hand gripping, it was getting obvious as time went on. He eventually excused himself to go to the toilet. 'Gather information for Toast, Rae.' I was determined to find out what's going on with Sykkuno.

After he ran to use the bathroom, I tip-toed to his bathroom, quietly listening to his painful coughs. His coughing was definitely worse than it usually seemed. It wasn't loud but it seemed agonizing for him, he definitely wasn't using the toilet, that's one. I went into his room and saw that he didn't close his bathroom door, I could see the mirror's reflection. Sykkuno wasn't coughing normally, there were petals and small amounts of blood coming out of his mouth.

I ran to Sykkuno's side and placed my hand on his back. "Why didn't you tell any of us that you were seriously ill!? It didn't need to be me, you could have told Toast or Corpse." Sykkuno stopped coughing for a while, slowly tilting his head to look at me. There was blood on his hands, as well as the most notably worrying thing, the flower petals. "I-I'm sorry Rae, I didn't want to worry any of you guys, I didn't want to be a burden to any of you." I couldn't believe what he said, he was I'll yet he was still worried about us, is he crazy? "You'll never be a burden, you're our friend and we will be more than willing to help you, please don't hesitate ever again!" Sykkuno looked back down at the sink, specifically the flowers. "I don't know what caused these petals, it just came out of nowhere. Do you have any idea what this illness possibly is?"
I shook my head, I've never seen anything like this in my life. "Maybe we should get you to see a doctor, and immediately."

I hope it's nothing serious.

------

Sykkunoooo, JSKSM I swear. I'm leaving this at a cliffhanger because I'm evil and I wanna plan the format out more.

But we all know where this is going right? We all know Corpse has something to do with this 😉

-author

(1039 words)