Chapter 26 "Married Couple"

A/N: Hopefully I'm back to my normal uploading schedule, still busy with robotics :)

2nd POV

A duration of about 2 hours had passed since your little "urika" moment. For most of the duration, you had been tinkering with your father's watch to meet Bernard's requests.

Knowing you, it would've taken less than an hour to finish up; however, your mind would constantly wander off to a certain head elf.

"Dammit get out of my heaadddd already," your hands found it's way to your head to clutch clusters of hair in a frustrated manner. 

Bernard peered over with eyes laced with slight concern. He thought you were frustrated due to complications or dilemmas with the watch. 

You knew that wasnt the case, the watch was an easy fix. 

Bernard, concerned, walked up to you. He pursed his lips nervously and laid a hand on your shoulder leaning quite close to your face, "Hey...you good?"

You practically jumped and clutched your heart as it started racing, "Jesus- Bernard! Don't do that!" You glared at him sternly, but started chuckling as you ended your sentence. 

He remained where he was, chuckling right into your ear. Heat rushed to your cheeks and you could feel your entire body...flurrying… is how you'd describe the feeling. 

"Sorry doll," he chuckled lowly.

You made an effort to mask your flusteredness (not too sure it worked though). You laid your cheek on your hand and playfully rolled your eyes, "back with the pet-names? Aight two can play that game ass-face"

He playfully pouted, "that's not a very nice pet-name,"

You playfully smirked in return, "you're not very nice either lad- even with special privilege, you're still poopy to me"

His head titled to the right in confusion, "What do you mean by privilege-"

Your face flushed, you didn't wanna get cocky and say your were favorited by him. You didn't wanna answer in the scenario where that statement was false reality; however, everyone else around knew you were clearly favorited. You just didn't wanna embarrass yourself.

To your luck, Curtis bursted through the door, interrupting Bernard's question, "Y'all done with the watch now?" 

You heaved a relieved sigh. You clutched the watch in your hands gently and walked up to Curtis. You preented it to him, dangling it on your arm. "Yessir, I did all the work" you mischievously smirked in Bernard's direction.

His browed angled downwards as he placed his arms on his hips (quite sassily, I may add), "Hey now doll, I was the one who told you what to do and how stuff works"

"Yessss" you emphasized and stretched the 'S', "however, I did all the hand work" you smirked playfully.

He crossed his arms and opened his mouth to retaliate once again, that is, until Curtis intervened, "Aight aight- can you two quit acting like a married couple for 2 seconds- we needa get the watch to Santa stat!"

The both of your faces flushed red. Your body stiffened as you looked Bernard's way to signal him a "come on let's go".

With his body stiffened as well, he followed suit. 

The both of you trudged your way through the myriad of elves and toys to the sleigh room where your father resided in. He was preparing for take off with Comet.

Comet started babbling in retaliation, clearly not wanted to go for a ride with your father.

"Comet, I dont wanna take a ride with Prancer! I wanna take a ride with you!"

Comet only babbled more rebelliously.

You and Bernard entered the room, you having the watch in your grasp. Bernard walked up to Santa first, "Before you go, we have something for ya" an adorkable smile was plastered on his face, excited to present the improved watch to him. He grabbed the watch from your grasp, "take a look at your watch"

Santa grabbed the watch form his grasp to examine the watch. His eyes widened in an impressed manner, "Wow you guys! It looks amazing!"

You decided to butt in before Bernard could speak. You knew he was going to give you all the credit; you just wanted to be nice, "Bernard worked on the overall aesthetic of it, while worked on the new functions. Check it out," you pointed downward to a specific point on the watch, "I added a power reservoir indicating how much power you have left, it lowers as you use it. It's currently at ten now seeing how you havent used any magic yet" you explained enthusiastically.

Santa looked up at the both of you with an impressed expression, "Great work you guys!"

You nodded as a thanks. 

"As you use power, the bar drops. Santa, if it gets to zero, you won't be able to come back." Bernard stared up at him sternly. 

"Well then, let's let it now get to zero!" Your father chuckled. 

Bernard, not convinced he got the jist of how dangerous using too much power could be, placed a hand on his shoulder and asked, "Santa, what's the most important thing"

You father glared down at his hand, "for you not to touch Santa?"

Quickly, Bernard removed his hand chuckling nervously, "No, it's for you to come back!"

Santa only chuckled in response as he walked over to Comet, who started babbling rebelliously once again. Santa tried convincing him it wasnt all as his bad as he thinks a little ride back to home could be, "C'mon Comet, it's not like were taking the sleigh. Afterall… we are going to see Charlie" 

At the moment of the mention of Charlie's name had Comet galloping up into the air suddenly.

The both of you watched as Santa took off into the atmosphere.

Once he was out of range of sight, you and Bernard turned heads towards each other, eyes laced with concern.

A/N: I am hella sleepy rn