Chapter 24 "Filler"

A/N: This chapter is a filler

"HEY YOU GUYS DONE WITH THE WATCH YET!???"

An oh-so-familiar-voice echoed throughout the room and the burst opening of a door rang throughout the both of your ears startling your two a part.

"Holy fff-" Your heart felt as if it was racing at a whopping 42069 BPM (beats per minute). You clutched your chest in a state of shock.

"Did that...what...what just happened??...did...no....nope"

While you were in a state of confused contemplation, Berard was scolding Curtis masking how flustered his was. (wasn't doing a swell job at it may I add hahha)

"We would be if you hadn't interupttted us-" Irritation seethed trough his gritted teeth.

Curtis simply smirked "whatever chief- just a reminder we got about 6 more hours before Santa has to leave-"

You tried your best shaking off how flustered and panicked you were with a small smile, "That's more than enough time"

Curtis returned your smile with his, "Epic-" He then turned to look Bernard dead in the eyes, "Also-according to the Handbook-"

Before he could finish his sentence, Bernard-for lack of better term-practically yeeted Curtis out the workshop.

Luckily for him, an elf strolling a wagon full of tinsel coincidentally just so happen to be there to cushion Curtis's fall.

Bernard chuckles at the sight, snarkily smirking as well. "Leave us alone Curtis so we can actually finish the watch- aight? And screw your handbook for crying out loud-" finishing that last word, he slammed the door shut. With hitched breaths, he slowly turned back to face you. You stood idle with stiff hands placed at your side.

You inhaled deeply, watching your chest and shoulder rise to then descend slowly as you released a heavy sigh in an attempt to alleviate the nervousness that coursed through you.

"Guess we should get back to working then..."

Bernard lowered his head and scratched the back of his neck, "uhm yea..."

"Good lord this is awkward...." You fidgeted with your fingers and the watch. You wanted to relive the nervousness and awkwardness that lingered between the both of you, "Hey why don't you fetch some hot cocoa for us! Get the classic ones from Judy!" Your signature tone of voice had returned.

Bernard stood there in slight shock, "did she really just...after what happened???" *inner confused noises* But he was glad you didn't let it ruin the relationship you had with him. He wondered why for a moment, but brushed it off, "You seriously like Judy's hot cocoa?? Taste like literal Curtis shit-" He snarkily chuckled.

You were OFFENDED, "How dare you...hurry up and fetch me my hot cocoa peasant!"

"Damn is this how it feels to be bossed around...now I feel bad..." Bernard contemplated amongst the many times he had yelled and bossed around the elves. "Aight aight bossy pants"

You furrowed your brows, "what are you? Five? And you're one to talk" you slumped sassily into your swivel chair.

He playfully rolled his eyes in response as he made his exit.

Once the both of you were sorted from each others presence, the both of you released exasperated sighs.

You clutched your hair [lmao I do that when I'm under stress] and murmured, "what the heck what the ffff what the frik!?" Your face started heating up as you reminisced on that moment, "Did we...almost...pfff nahhh" you tried your best conjuring up any form of excuse to convince yourself that wasn't an 'almost kiss'

All your racing thoughts were put to a halt when the door bursts open with a familiar face. Bernard strolled in with his body stiff ensuring the tray of hot cocoa was stable.

You fixed yourself up within a matter of seconds, making how flustered you felt. You watched as he settled both mugs onto the desk.

"Finally! I'm cravinggg hot cocoa!" You stretched the word 'finally' as your hand found it's way to the handle of the mug.

Bernard scratched the back of his neck awkwardly, "Well, thing is...I couldn't find Judy anywhere and I didn't want you to wait too long so uhh I kinda made my own"

You released a dramatic long gasp, "Wow! I'm the first to taste Bernard's signature hot cocoa! What an honor!"

He playfully rolled his eyes at your dramaticness, "Eh, prolly not even that good-"

You were quick to take a sip. Gulping down the hot beverage, your eyes lit up, "Holy lonely pony eating macaroni! This is good!" You found yourself taking more sips.

Bernard's inner confidence was lifted as his eyes also lit up, "Really?"

You nodded quickly as you practically gulped the damn thing, "it's better than Judy's!"

"No way-"

"Way!" (This is a literal reference from the second movie, if you don't get it, I will personal see that your lungs get clogged with wasabi paste)

The two of you awkwardly laughed at your awkward attempt at being funny.

You were perplexed seeing how easy you were able to brush off that rather intimate moment.

After a few moments filled to the brim with awkwardness, Bernard broke the silence, picking up his mug bringing it up to his lips to only spit the liquids back out frantically from the scorching heat.

He hissed in pain while you burst into a fit of laughter. you laughed so hard, you felt as if you developed a six-pack (those are the best types of laughs)

"HAHAHA!" You clutched your sides as your laughs made breathing unattainable.

Bernard looked at you with a confused expression, "how were you able to drink that?"

"I have seem to obtain the ability to down any hot beverage even when scorching hot"

He scoffed, "privileged kid..."

"Ahh you're such a comedian Barnaby"