Chapter 5 "Goodnight"

"Judy will take you two to your room," Bernard says referring to both my father and my brother, "I'll take Y/n to hers."

"Wait wait wait, why can't she stay with us?"

"We don't allow the opposite gender in the same room"

"But-"

Before my dad could say another word, we have already parted ways. I did signal him with a 'I'll be fine' look though.

Bernard guided me down the flight of stairs with a hand on my back.

Not too long of a walk after, we made it to what seemed to be my room now. I watched Bernard fumble with a pair of keys to open the door. We both entered the room, and to no avail, the room was festive themed. It wasn't my thing but I didn't mind. Everything here probably cost more than my entire house.

I didn't realize I was standing in the corner for a full minute until Bernard said something.

"Doll, you've been standing there for a full minute...you okay or are you having a stroke?"

"Uhhh Is it possible to be both simultaneously...?" I say with an awkward giggle and he returns the gesture with a soft chuckle. I walked to the bed he was standing near. I settled the hot cocoa cup on the nightstand next to the bed.

"Damn...you finished that pretty fast? Personally I think Judy's hot cocoa sucks! She quote unquote 'perfected it over a thousand years'...tch- my ass"

I gazed at him with a brow raised and a surprised expression, "uhhh never knew an elf could swear..."

"Welp, expect the unexpected doll" He ends off his little snarky remark with a wink and a smirk. I playfully roll my eyes.

"He's not bad at all"

"This is all unexpected...I can't believe I'm talking to an elf!"

"Heh...as I said...expect the unexpected...You should get some rest now." He leans over and gives me a small pat on the head.

"I'm not a dog good lad but whatever"

"Will I wake up here?"

"Uhh no, you'll wake up back at your house"

I gaze down sadly to my lap, "But...I don't wanna go back..."

Bernard shot a confused look at me, "Really? For someone like you I'd expect you to have a well life put together...popular since you're so smart, bunch of friends, nice family, and a boyfriend...no?"

I let out a little chuckle, "quite the opposite of everything you just stated. No where near popular, I don't have friends so I don't have a boyfriend either. I get bullied a lot heheh...my family is nowhere near perfect" I finish, scratching the back of my neck awkwardly.

"I shouldn't have said that."

Bernard gazed down at me with an apologetic look. He reached his hand down to rub my shoulder sympathetically.

"I..I'm sorry you have to go through that..." He looked as if he was contemplating for a bit, "here take this-" He reached down to his leather satchel and pulled out a snowglobe similar to the one he gave to Charlie.

I gently took it from his hands, brushing my hand against his for a spec of a moment.

"Be careful with this now--All you have to do is shake it whenever you wanna see me, make a silent wish and I'll be right by your side! Literally!" For a grumpy head elf, it's nice seeing his nice side.

"thanks!...But why are you giving this to me?"

"Heh- easy- you're one of those gals on the nice list. Which is rare nowadays. Plus, so far you're my favorite human."

"Well I'll be honored" I playfully bow.

"You should get some rest now, doll"

"Mmm I'm known for insomnia but I'll try...Goodnight Bernard"

"Goodnight Y/n..." And with that, he softly shut the door behind him. I pulled over the festive decorated sheets onto me and fell into a slumber.