Chapter 9 "Takeoff"

After a few days of hard work, it was time for Santa's 'takeoff'.

I walked alongside Bernard as we watched my father and Charlie hop into the sleigh preparing for takeoff.

I walked to the side of the sleigh to pat Charlie on the head, "stay safe, okay buddy?"

"Yessir!" Charlie did an adorable salute.

"You too dad. Don't fall off the roof"

"Yessir!" My father exclaims mimicking Charlie.

I chuckled and stepped back from the sleigh and stood next to Bernard.

"Now Dasher, Dancer, Prancer and Vixen... Comet, Cupid, Donner and Blitzen!"

And with that, dad and Charlie were off. I turned to Bernard and gave him a small smirk, him returning the gesture as well.

"DON'T DIE!!" I shout with a heartfelt smile. All the elves waved goodbye as well.

I turned to Bernard with concern, "Do you think they'll be alright?"

"Uhm- to be honest- I don't know...but in any case, we got backup trust me" Then this little bastard winked which earned him my signature eye roll.

-Timeskip to after Bernard had to send the E.L.F.S to save ur dumbass dad-

Word got out that my father and Charlie were safe and back at home.

"Oh my god-...I swear they're such idiots-"

"Well, do you wanna go see em?" Bernard knelt down and booped me on the nose with a smirk plastered on his stupid face

I smirked back, "As idiotic as they are, I love em, so yea" He stood back up and held out a hand in front of me. To which I hesitantly took.

One second we're in the workshop, then back to Charlie's house in the next. We hid in the corner of the kitchen and overheard the weeps and good-byes exchanged between my father and brother.

"What's all this boo-hooing going on here?- Oh hey- how ya doin" Bernard stole what looked to be a tortilla from the dinner table and walked down the hallway startling Neil.

I decided to come out of the corner a few seconds after.

"Bernard! Y/n!" Charlie exclaims excitedly despite the tears streaming down his cheeks, "Y/n! You got elf ears now!"

"I do?" I flicked my ears and noticed there was a drastic difference in length "I do!"

"We're just saying our goodbyes" my father said with a voice full of solemn.

"What goodbye?" Bernard questions while chewing his tortilla, "Charlie, you still got the glass ball right?"

Charlie slowly nods.

"Look, all you gotta do is shake it and your dad can come visit you anytime!"

"Really?"

"Have I ever steered you wrong?"

Charlie shook his head with a smile.

Bernard turned to gaze at Neil who was already staring at him, "...Nice sweater," He then goes on to grab the back of Neil's ugly sweater, "hey- did we make this?"

"Look Laura he's sucking us into his little delusions!" Neil says as he grabs the tortilla from Bernard's grasp. I would've given it back to him; however, Bernard teleported the both of us back to the North Pole.

"Can't stay there for long dollface- You're a rookie elf, staying in the normal world might harm you if stayed too long"

"Dollface?"

"Yea- cause' you're cute-" He starts ruffling my hair

"Ahh- hey!"

Next thing I knew, he was on yelling at another elf. I playfully rolled my eyes (again).

-Time-skip to when your father comes back-

Bernard led me to the area where we first arrived- the place where the sleigh descends and is stationed- because my father had arrived.

"Dad! You're back!" I swung my arms around the big guy while he returned the action

"Y/n you're an elf!?"

"You didn't notice back at the house?

"No??? What the heck happened? And why?"

"The eldest sibling to Santa turns into an elf to take on the role as head elf" Both me and Bernard said simultaneously'

"Nice~" Bernard shot up some finger guns at me. Cue my signature eye roll.

Then something hit me-

"Does that mean...I get to be immortal like you guys!" I exclaim happily.

"Well uhh- yea"

"Yay! I mean ughhh now I'm stuck with you-"

"By what I've seen, you enjoy my company-" cue another eye-roll.

"I hate you" I reply playfully

"I love you"