Chapter 20 "The Pantogram"

A/N: The amount of times I've misspelled "Santa" as "Satan" is alarming.

-Timeskip after little Santa's meeting with the Legendary Figures-

"You can't be in two places at the same time-" -Father time

"Maybe you can!" Your voice and Curtis's overlapped with enthusiasm. You four stood in front of a contraption you and Curtis had worked on for a few months.

Curtis then turned around to the surrounding elves working in the area, " Okay, everyone, can I get the room for a minute? Thank you!"

You did the same as well, "Yea! Give yourselves a short break! Go have some rounds of hot cocoa or something-"

As the cluster of elves left the room, you peered back to the three. You saw Santa and Bernard exchange looks, Bernard let out a puff of air with a mix of annoyance and stress.

"I hope that's not directed towards meeee...."

"We want to show Santa some improvements on the Pantogram!" Curtis exclaimed grabbing the side of your arm with exhilaration.

Bernard glared down at the sight. It felt odd to him. Not in a thousand years has he endured feelings like this. (jealous bean)

You, slowly-but-surely, freed yourself from his grasp. Luckily, he was too enthralled with excitement, "Thanks. Walk with me!"

Bernard found himself situated next to you as Curtis explained the features of the Pantogram. He seemed to have lost all interest in what was going on around him and fixated his undivided attention on you. His shoulders would brush against yours ever so often.

And for a slither of a second, his eyes were bound to your soft lips.

His attention eventually snapped back to Santa who wasn't quite fond of the idea of using the contraption, "I see where this is going, I am not getting into that machine!"

Bernard was already aware of what the machine was capable of and also thought using it to duplicate Santa would result in catastrophe, "Besides, creating a copy of Santa won't solve our problems, it would be a toy!"

You decided to input your insights as well, "The elves will indubitably find out Curtis"

Curtis turned to you for a moment, "What the heck is 'indubitab-whatever that word was-"

"Ahhh so he has the intelligence of a kitchen shelf-" (If you get this reference I love you- be my best friend ples)

You signaled him to just brush it off.

Curtis decided to protest your insight, "But this would be a special toy Santa!" He then went on to explain the logistics of how it wouldn't just be a mere carbon copy of Santa. The toy santa would also bear his thoughts and personality, "When you're with your family, dealing with Charlie, and looking for a wife-"

Santa decided to finish that sentence, "The toy will be up here melting in my fireplace-"

Curtis objected yet again, "No, the toy Santa will be dealing with business up here-"

Both you and Bernard interjected, "I can deal with business up here!" you two locked eyes with each other seeing how you both said the same exact thing at the exact same time, "Or we both can do it...yea that's a much better idea!-" You claimed.

Bernard left your side to walk up to Santa, "Santa, if the elves find out we made a switch-" he cups his face and releases a rather-high-pitched gasp, "nope! No! This machine is not the answer!"

A sudden clatter erupted from somewhere as you all turned your heads to where it came from. You peered down to the floor and spotted a wee-little mouse finding it's way onto the conveyor belt of the Pantogram.

Curtis rushed to the mouse trying to get it off "Hey, hey, hey, hey! You! Shoo!"

A loud sound erupted as the machine started. Lemme tell you, it scared the living hell at of you, "Jesus Christ- put a muffler on the damn thing gosh..."

The mouse had gone through the contraption. You four waited on the other side of the conveyor belt waiting for the little creature to see what had happened to it. You had your head rested on Bernard's shoulder simply because he was a tall mother-trucker compared to you. The contact may or may not have made him blush...

The mouse came out the other end (that sounds so so so wrong) with a duplicate of itself. Although you were aware it would've happened, it still had you staggered.

Bernard had a look of concern plastered on his face. In contrast, Curtis had a wide smirk, "See! You can't get any better than that! And I promise, it won't hurt a bit!"

Santa shook his head rapidly at the thought, making you all think he wouldn't do it. Sike, "Aight- I'm going in-"

You let out a puff of air nervously as Bernard gripped the top of his beret, "Oh- I can't watch this!" the pitch of his voice heightened a bit due to the fact Santa really just decided to yeet himself into the machine.

Bernard paced to the opposite side of the room, hunched over, and huddling himself by the arms. You followed suit, simply because you had never seen him this vulnerable since he had gotten a little fever.

You rested a reassuring hand on his shoulder, massaging it gently in circles, "Hey assface...It;ll be okay-" He let out an exasperated sigh.

A loud whirring could be heard from the machine as Curtis powered it on. Bernard looked back momentarily but covered his eyes once again. You wrapped your arms around the guy in hopes it would help.

Trust me...it did. He was momentarily alleviated from stress from your touch. You perceived it as a friendly gesture (ahahaha little did you know...)

"Dawww- he's adorable when he's being a wuss!"

By the time Santa was around the middle of the duplication process, the both of you raced to the other end to ensure he was alright.

He came out standing in an idle pose with his eyes closed. Curtis was ecstatic, "It's perfect!"

You flicked his ear with your fingers, "No imbecile, that's not toy Santa!"

Bernard was quick to ask, "Santa, are you alright?"

Santa looked down at his hands then up to Curtis, "Yeah, I got a shock in there. Is there supposed to be a shock?"

Both you and Bernard's heads turned back to the Pantogram, same for Curtis.

Next thing you knew, you three were screaming-