Chapter 14 "What's this feeling?"

His coated arms enveloped me in a warm embrace. What he said made blood rush into my cheeks and I felt a peculiar sensation in my gut.

"Why is my face getting so hot? Don't tell me I caught his sickness..." (A/N: no dumfuk ur falling in love)

This time, the silence between us was comforting. My arms slowly found themselves enwrapping him in an embrace.

Before I could bury my head into his chest, he pulled away. He gently placed two hands on my shoulders, entrapping me in a gaze, "I'll take your advice, and I'll go rest up..."

I rolled my eyes seeing how only now he decides to listen to me, "Yea- you look and sound dead!" I playfully gave a little push on his shoulder...only to realize it may have been too much of a shove when he stumbled backwards onto the bed.

"Oops..."

He stared back in a shocked state, probably from the abrupt fall. It then turned into an expression of reassurance, "Nah it's alright doll. I deserved that anyway"

I shook my head jokingly, "Nah- what you deserve is being locked in a room with Curtis for 24 hours" I chuckled at the thought, "Oh man that would be torture for your short-temper."

My eyes found themselves peering back to his. He seemed to have a traumatized plastered on his face for a mere moment before shaking it off with a stifled laugh.

"Thanks for your help...seriously."

Seems like sentiment took over again, "That's what I'm here for Bernard..."

My smile shifted into a line as my eyebrows furrowed in contemplation, "...Uhhh you may wanna take off that sweater...considering you have a fever and all. I would hate to have you drowning in your own sweat glands-"

I was interrupted by a certain charming chuckle, "You just want to see me shirtless huh?"

I placed my hands on my hips and stifled a laugh, "Ahh I see you're back to normal! That's wonderful!"

He returned the gesture with a smirk, "Changing the subject now?-"

Before he could really finish what he wanted to say, I chucked his beret at his face. It then fell into his lap and he kinda just sat there dumb-founded.

I'm not entirely sure what came over me, but...I found myself staring-no that's weird-gazing at his features. I mean, I found myself really uhm analyzing his face. It made me feel weird.

His long curly locks suddenly had a more...glow to it. His features...just seemed more alluring to me. His laughter that encircled the room...I wanted it replaying over and over like a broken record.

"What the hell?"

I brushed it off, forcing my eyes to focus on the floor.

"Nice marble..."

My attention pulled back over to Bernard, "Uhh you should rest now. Okay?"

He heaved a hoarse sigh wishing to make a complaint but it seemed a wave of fatigue prevented him from doing so. He groggily lay himself in a comfortable position in my bed. I leaned over, fixating the blanket over his body.

"Rest up Barnaby." I ruffled his already-messed-up hair.

"Heyyy...I'm not a dog-" He sassily made an attempt of shooing my hand away.

"Hey now bud- you do that all the time to me"

"Yea yea whatever"

I chuckled at his little bored remark. I crossed my arms and heaved a relax sigh, "Man...I can't wait until you have to take care of me when I'm sick..."

A/N:  Short Chapter, I just didn't want the last one to be too tedious to read. aNywayyYYY

Someone's falling in loooove