Bonus Ep2: The failed proposal

It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife.*[1]

—————————————————

Yes, Min Tae Gu is in need of a wife.

Why? He is a rich man, really really rich. He was finishing his sentence probation early due to his cooperation in hunting the biggest illegal arms trafficking gang in China to North Korea. His bank account in Switzerland has been happily secretly recovered. Laundered money, safe and cleared for new investments is now waiting for him in the new settled account in Korea.

He is also handsome and charming. Many women would turn their heads to him when he walked pass in the street. Min Tae Gu was now ready for his new empire.

What does he want more?He needs women to fill his men's need? Filling his lust at night?

There's been only one woman always in his mind.

Ha Chae Yoon.

The police force negotiator who promised to bring justice to his dead sister. She, who helped him finding supportive evidences , thus made his imprisonment shorter. Four years after being imprisoned, he was pardoned under the conditions that he would cooperate with the police officers to track down the remaining of those international arms dealers. Here after a successful job, he was now soon getting a full release with no more withholding of his passport.

He is going to be free.

He would pursue her once more.

Last time before his deployment in North Korea, which would make him unreachable for whole two years, he made an impromptu visit to her. She was surprised, shocked, that he came to claim his invitation of a promised drink. That night, after many of many soju bottles, thrown clothes on the floor, two bodies were entwined with passion on the bed mattress.

Later in the morning, He said his goodbye to her and told her he would come back to her when his task is done. Chae Yoon did not reply anything. Knowing the action they did that night meant of his promise to return to her and her regretting that their action was too hasty.
He would always had that effect on her. She couldn't help resisting him.

And here, two years later, Min Tae Gu has come back for her, seeing her again for the first time after two years of not contacting.

She was still as beautiful as always. Her hair was longer, yet he could detect the tiredness in her eyes.

"You must have been working so hard. Why can't you take better care of yourself?" He asked her while tugging her hair to her ears.

She smiled and she gave him a hug. "I have missed you, Min Tae Gu."

He hugged her back. He missed the floral scent in her hair. He snuggled his face in the crook of her neck. The longing of her made him missed her many many of the cold nights. He finally have had her back this time. He put his cheek on her warm hairs and hug her tighter when he heard the faint cry from the inside.

Chae Yoon pushed him back lightly and walked into the room.
He followed her and he was shocked on what he saw.

There, lying in the wooden cribs , are two babies. One of them was crying and Chae Yoon lifted the baby up and cradled him back to sleep.

"He's been like this for a few nights, he is teething." She told him like a fact straight from the book.

Min Tae Gu was shocked would be a very understated sentence.

He asked. "How old are they?You've been raising them alone?"

Chae Yoon nodded and replied "They are almost one year old. This is Min Hyeok and that is Min Ju." She smiled shyly but proudly on her babies. She was moving towards him.